Brand New Xbox Series X User, Questions??

Use these

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit
• Allow YCC 422 Unchecked

I also uncheck the forced HDR and allow game dolby vision.

Never change my settings on the console, its a set and forget for me.
Hi

Thanks :) I'll have a look at my settings later tonight or tomorrow. What's your TV/Audio Setup, just out of curiousity?

Thanks

Barry :)

Hi

Thanks :) I'll have a look at my settings later tonight or tomorrow. What's your TV/Audio Setup, just out of curiousity?

Thanks

No worries, have you used the HDR calibration app on the Xbox for your TV?

Nothing fancy, my gaming setup is a LG CX and a Series X, with headphones.

No worries, have you used the HDR calibration app on the Xbox for your TV?

Nothing fancy, my gaming setup is a LG CX and a Series X, with headphones.
Hi

Is that in the Calibrate TV/Calibrate HDR for games Setup?

Thanks

Use these

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit
• Allow YCC 422 Unchecked

I also uncheck the forced HDR and allow game dolby vision.

Never change my settings on the console, its a set and forget for me.
Have they fixed Dolby Vision in Halo yet? as I disabled it after that messed up implementation and haven't re-enabled it yet.

Have they fixed Dolby Vision in Halo yet? as I disabled it after that messed up implementation and haven't re-enabled it yet.
I've not heard anything if they have. I've always had it off after a brief play around with it. To my eyes I prefer just running HDR10 with HGiG on my CX, looks great all round.

I've not heard anything if they have. I've always had it off after a brief play around with it. To my eyes I prefer just running HDR10 with HGiG on my CX, looks great all round.
Ah I misread your post, I thought you meant you ticked 'Allow Dolby Vision in Games' :facepalm:

Ah I misread your post, I thought you meant you ticked 'Allow Dolby Vision in Games' :facepalm:
Hi

Don't worry about it, I thought he meant the same, so you weren't alone :)

Edited to make it clearer

Hi

So When I got my Xbox, I sighed up to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. £1.00 for the first month then £10.99 for the next 11 months.

I've just renewed my BT Broadband, I'll now get 12 Months Free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. BT will email me the details in the next 14 days, on how to activate it.

My question is, will I be able to cancel Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and get charged £1.00 for one month use, or am I now tied into a 12 Month Contact? Also when BT email me the details, could I just carry on have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free, without the need to cancel and restart it again?

Thanks

Hi

So When I got my Xbox, I sighed up to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. £1.00 for the first month then £10.99 for the next 11 months.

I've just renewed my BT Broadband, I'll now get 12 Months Free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. BT will email me the details in the next 14 days, on how to activate it.

My question is, will I be able to cancel Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and get charged £1.00 for one month use, or am I now tied into a 12 Month Contact? Also when BT email me the details, could I just carry on have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free, without the need to cancel and restart it again?

Thanks

Turn off auto renew and redeem the code for the 12 months (if it is a code)

Edit, you don't technically need to turn off auto renew, the code will just put a 12 month sub on

Turn off auto renew and redeem the code for the 12 months (if it is a code)

Edit, you don't technically need to turn off auto renew, the code will just put a 12 month sub on
Hi

Thanks, I've just turned it off :) If I remember correctly BT said they'd email a code and how to redeem it etc :)

Thanks

Hi

Thanks, I've just turned it off :) If I remember correctly BT said they'd email a code and how to redeem it etc :)

Thanks

There are ways to get cheap subs, I subscribed for 3 years for about £75.

You can stack up to 3 years worth.

There are ways to get cheap subs, I subscribed for 3 years for about £75.

You can stack up to 3 years worth.
Hi

How did you manage to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for three years at £75.00?

Thanks

Hi

How did you manage to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for three years at £75.00?

Thanks

It involves the use of a vpn and buying Xbox Live gold for different regions, usually Turkey or Brazil.

You need to do it when your current sub expires.

You stack upto 3 years of gold, and then convert it to ultimate by upgrading.

Easier than it sounds tbh.

Have a read here

It involves the use of a vpn and buying Xbox Live gold for different regions, usually Turkey or Brazil.

You need to do it when your current sub expires.

You stack upto 3 years of gold, and then convert it to ultimate by upgrading.

Easier than it sounds tbh.
Hi

I might have to look into that in 12 months time lol.

Thanks

Have a read here

HI

Thanks, I'l have a look :)

Hi

I take it codes don't expire?

Thanks

I meant do a cheap two years, then redeem your BT one on top.

Not sure if they expire though, never had one long enough 😊

I meant do a cheap two years, then redeem your BT one on top.

Not sure if they expire though, never had one long enough 😊
Hi

Ah ok, I get you now :) I do have a VPN, I use Surf Shark :)

Thanks

Bit late to the party I guess, but on the subject of battery packs I use these - Rapthor 2800, 2 batteries plus charger for £23. I’ve just had a look and seen that they also sell 3 batteries and a charger for two quid more - bargain! I’m really impressed by them - good battery life (I’d say 30 hours plus), around three hours to full charge and you can leave the charger on overnight with no worries.

Attachments

• F6E4C8EC-FFA0-487D-BF08-7485C38CBF2F.jpeg
    F6E4C8EC-FFA0-487D-BF08-7485C38CBF2F.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 61

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom