Brand New Xbox Series X User, Questions??

BarryMcKelvey

Some settings like wallpaper, guide layout etc are part of your profile, not the XBox.
So if you login to a different XBox (or a reset one) you get your interface.
Hi

Thanks for that :) It's interesting to know. Can those same settings also be changed if you were to log into your profile on a computer? I don't remember setting up the likes of wallpaper etc, when I setup my profile before getting my Xbox Series X.

Thanks

Barry :)

deans6571

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks for that :) It's interesting to know. Can those same settings also be changed if you were to log into your profile on a computer? I don't remember setting up the likes of wallpaper etc, when I setup my profile before getting my Xbox Series X.

Thanks

Not sure if its different on the Series X but on the One X, stuff like wallpapers isn't really worth the time and effort as these change depending on the game you're currently playing.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Not sure if its different on the Series X but on the One X, stuff like wallpapers isn't really worth the time and effort as these change depending on the game you're currently playing.
My wallpaper on the Series X definitely doesn't change

deans6571

Distinguished Member
My wallpaper on the Series X definitely doesn't change

...maybe its different on the Series X then but on the One X (well - on mine anyway, perhaps there is a setting I have set!!), the main wallpaper always shows the game which you played last.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I'd sent my Xbox Series X back to Amazon, it seemed to be very sluggish, despite connected via Ethernet and have BT 900Mbps FTTP. Plus it had a few crashes and shut down issues. It only started to act that way after two Factory Resets.

I'd ordered another one from Game this time, it's arriving tomorrow :)

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

My new Xbox Series X arrived today :) I'd deleted the previous Xbox Series X from my Microsoft Account. When I log into the Xbox App on my iPhone 13 Pro Max, my previous device still shows up. I've logged out of the Xbox App, uninstalled/reinstalled it, but my previous Xbox Series X still shows up.

Any ideas what's going on in the Xbox App and how to remove my previous Xbox Series X?

Thanks in Advance

BarryMcKelvey

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

How do I add a game to Quick Resume?

Thanks in Advance

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks in Advance

They just get added automatically if they're compatible with the feature.

You can also pin the Quick Resume menu to your homescreen for quicker access.

Not all games like it though, for example it can often cause problems with Forza Horizon 5 - daily challenges not working and things like that. Best just to quit at the end of a session and load it up fresh next time.

I take it the new console feels nice and fast compared to the old one?

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks in Advance

Games are automatically put into quick resume (not sure if all games support it tbh), then once you have a few I believe you can now pin 2 to always be in quick resume..

This might be useful

BarryMcKelvey

I really am not trying to be rude, but are you aware of Google?
It must be taking longer to type your questions than do a search 😉

Hi

I did use Google, maybe I've not asked the question correctly :-( I'm curently playing Halo Infinite. If I press the Xbox Button on the Controller, go to My games and apps, Quick Resume is empty, even though Halo Infinite appears on the Guide.

Plus I prefer to ask people than Google, as I like to interact with people online, as I'm not good with interacting with people in real life :-(

Thanks

wadgel99

Standard Member
@RandomLee
Probably 😋

@BarryMcKelvey
No problem, just surprised, as the top results answered your question.

Now why us Halo Infinite on Quick Resume is more interesting.

Quick Resume broke some stuff on it, so was removed to prevent further problems.

I thought it had been fixed, but clearly not

BarryMcKelvey

Not all games like it though, for example it can often cause problems with Forza Horizon 5 - daily challenges not working and things like that. Best just to quit at the end of a session and load it up fresh next time.

Hi

Thanks :) and yes I does. It's not crashed once, a slight hickup of a blank screen during setup. Other than that it's been fine so far :)

Thanks

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I do have it pinned to the Home Screen, but it says, Nothing to show here at the moment, despite having played Halo: Infinite and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Both games support Quick Resume.

wadgel99

Standard Member
Hi

I do have it pinned to the Home Screen, but it says, Nothing to show here at the moment, despite having played Halo: Infinite and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. Both games support Quick Resume.

Have checked on mine and Halo Infinite does indeed support Quick Resume (maybe my memory failed me, and they just advised not using quick Resume until the problem was patched).

As to why games are not showing, not sure.

You are just going to back to home, and not choosing to Quit the game?

BarryMcKelvey

Have checked on mine and Halo Infinite does indeed support Quick Resume (maybe my memory failed me, and they just advised not using quick Resume until the problem was patched).

As to why games are not showing, not sure.

You are just going to back to home, and not choosing to Quit the game?
Hi

Thanks, I was choosing to quit the game lol. Now it shows in Quick Resume and also allows me to pin it to Quick Resume :) But if I were to select quit again, it no longer appears in Quick Resume.

I just need to get it into my head that when using the Xbox Series X, features aren't going to behave like the PS 5 lol.

Thanks

wadgel99

Standard Member
To be honest, you hardly ever need to Quit games/apps.
Just return Home instead.

The last used one keeps running in the background, until you launch another one.

BarryMcKelvey

To be honest, you hardly ever need to Quit games/apps.
Just return Home instead.

The last used one keeps running in the background, until you launch another one.
Hi

I always quit Apps/Games. I do it on my PlayStation 5 and on my iPhone 13 pro Max. It's my OCD lol.

Thanks

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

Does anyone play Call of Duty: Vanguard or call of Duty: Warzone? Interesting that on the Xbox Series X if you want to play with 120Hz Refresh Rate, it needs to be setup in the Xbox Settings. On the PlayStation 5, 120Hz Refresh Rate can be set in the Game Settings.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi

Does anyone play Call of Duty: Vanguard or call of Duty: Warzone? Interesting that on the Xbox Series X if you want to play with 120Hz Refresh Rate, it needs to be setup in the Xbox Settings. On the PlayStation 5, 120Hz Refresh Rate can be set in the Game Settings.

Warzone is broken on Series X atm, they've removed the 120Hz, plays like crap.

BarryMcKelvey

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi

That explains it then :)

Thanks

Use these

Xbox Series X:
• 120Hz
• Standard
• 8-bit
• Allow YCC 422 Unchecked

I also uncheck both the forced HDR and allow game dolby vision.

Never change my settings on the console, its a set and forget for me.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand