Brand New Xbox Series X User, Questions??

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I'm now the owner of an Xbox Series X. My first ever time owning an Xbox. I previously owned a PS 3 and now the PS 5 :)

I've a question to ask, I'm sure there will be more in the future as I get used to owning an Xbox.

Every now and again when the Xbox is idle, I'll get a huge message on screen, taking up half the screen on the right side. I'll get information about games I've played etc.

How do I turn it off? It's rather annoying :-(

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi, try this

Go to settings, preferences, idle options and uncheck "show me things when idle"

Or something like that

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

Thanks very much for your quick response :) That's done the trick :)

Thanks

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I find it annoying how ads appear on the Home Screen :-( Is there a way to stop they showing up?

Thanks in Advance

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi

I find it annoying how ads appear on the Home Screen :-( Is there a way to stop they showing up?

Thanks in Advance

Don't think so tbh, what ads are you seeing? Usually just promotional content for games etc

BarryMcKelvey

Don't think so tbh, what ads are you seeing? Usually just promotional content for games etc
Hi

Thanks, yes it was just a promo for game content.

Is there any way that I can pin, the most common games/apps I use on the main Home Screen?

Thanks in Advance

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks, yes it was just a promo for game content.

Is there any way that I can pin, the most common games/apps I use on the main Home Screen?

Thanks in Advance

Never done it myself, but following something like this should do what you need,

Cheers

BarryMcKelvey

BarryMcKelvey

BarryMcKelvey

I knew that, mate.
I was only kidding witcha.
Also, my middle name is Barry.
Hi

Funny you should say that, Barry isn't my first name. It's my middle name, I've been called Barry since the day I was born lol.

Thanks

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Too many Baz's round here

BarryMcKelvey

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I've just went to turn off my XBox Series X, the Xbox Controller turns off but the Xbox remains on :-(

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

BarryMcKelvey

Did it turn off eventually?
Hi

When I shut down the Xbox Series X the screen went blank, but the power button on the front still stayed illuminated. I'd left it for a while but it still hadn't turned off. In the end to shut it off, I had to press and hold the power button on the front to shut it down. That was the first time I had to do that yesterday, even though it shut down perfectly several times before that.

Thanks

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Hi

When I shut down the Xbox Series X the screen went blank, but the power button on the front still stayed illuminated. I'd left it for a while but it still hadn't turned off. In the end to shut it off, I had to press and hold the power button on the front to shut it down. That was the first time I had to do that yesterday, even though it shut down perfectly several times before that.

Thanks

I'd hazard at guess it may have been updating something.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
I'd hazard at guess it may have been updating something.
Yeah same, also it can sometimes slow pulse. I'd leave it next time see if it shuts off after 10-15min

BarryMcKelvey

Yeah same, also it can sometimes slow pulse. I'd leave it next time see if it shuts off after 10-15min

Hi

Thanks, I guess it's just a learning curve me at the moment :)

Thanks

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

Just out of curiousity, do you guys use non rechargable/rechargable batteries or a Battery Pack for your Xbox Controller? What do you recommend?

I was abit annoyed when the Xbox Series X didn't come with a Charging Cable :-(

Thanks

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just out of curiousity, do you guys use non rechargable/rechargable batteries or a Battery Pack for your Xbox Controller? What do you recommend?

I was abit annoyed when the Xbox Series X didn't come with a Charging Cable :-(

Thanks

I much prefer having the option of AA or rechargeable packs.

Your batt dies in PS5, new controller.

I use an official rechargeable pack, but you can buy all sorts from Amazon etc. Venom do a dual pack for about 15 I think.

BarryMcKelvey

I much prefer having the option of AA or rechargeable packs.

Your batt dies in PS5, new controller.

I use an official rechargeable pack, but you can buy all sorts from Amazon etc. Venom do a dual pack for about 15 I think.
Hi

I tried to buy the Official Rechargable Pack from the Microsoft Store but it sold out, I couldn't find it on Amazon or Game :-(

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand