1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRAND NEW SONY Range of Digi CamCorders due in March 2003

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by NickLovett, Feb 28, 2003.

1. NickLovett

NickLovett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone throw any light on the new range of Sony Digi Camcorders due out in March 2003. I am currently looking at entry level miniDV camcorders and was about to purchase the PANASONIC NVGS1 for about £440 after doing a bit of research and actually messing about with all the usual suspects in Dixons/Curry's etc but I have noticed an article on the SimplyDV website

http://www.simplydv.co.uk/newsitems/sony_2003handycams.html

that states that SONY are about to introduce a complete new range of about a dozen camera's in March and they look very nice indeed. I am now waiting for the new DCRTRV14 which is the new entry level model to become available and Jessops have told me it will be in the shops in a couple of weeks.
    What I would like to know is if anyone has any additional info about this new camcorder and how it compares against other entry level models?
    I would appreciate any type of feedback, even opinions on older model sony entry level cams etc

Cheers
    Nick

2. trevc

trevc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was about to buy the Sony DCRPC101 camcorder when I found out this news. But getting conflicting reports over whether the DCRPC101 *is* going to be replaced or not.

The link above makes no reference to this range of camcorders either (DCRPC8, 101, 120).

Can anyone shed any more light on this for me?

Thanks!!

3. trevc

trevc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to Sony today, its only the TRV models that are being replaced around Easter - and not the PC or IP ranges.

4. wendi

wendi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, the Sony UK site doesn't have any info, but the new camcorders are already listed on www.amazon.co.uk. If you go to www.dabs.com they are also selling them and they have much more extensive information listed. Www.sony-europe have info too but I don't know if it'll be the same for UK models.
    As far as I know the PC101 and 120 will still be manufactured.
    I was looking at the DCR-TRV33 for myself and the spec is almost identical to the 101, but for almost £400 less!
    Your local Sony shop should have the brochures this week (well, that's what they've told me!).
    Hope this helps
    ;)

5. dh140770

dh140770

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't wait for the new models as my wedding is soon but

www.letsgodigital.co.uk

have Sony TRV50 for £849 ... mine arrives on Monday.

normal price is at least £990 on t'internet.