Brand new Panasonic 50PZ70 - Line in the middle of the screen!

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Chick, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    There's a line down the middle of our plasma that we just got, this only seems to show up on face tone colors. Didn't notice it when we first turned it on. This happens on all sources, regular standard def TV, XBox via HDMI cable.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I did not buy the extended warranty, so how good is Panasonic about fixing my TV? It's heavy, and it's wall mounted, so it's not going to be fun if I have to take it down.

2. muzzi

muzzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    If it's brand new, then it shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced/mended. Call whoever you brought it from and have them sort it out.

Muzzi:smashin:

3. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Tech Support at Panasonic and Digital Direct are closed at the weekend, so called sales who told me to fill out an online form and reported the problem.

The sales guy was saying it was weird for a plasma to have that.

4. sniffer316

sniffer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sounds like you have faulty panel go to place you purchased from and get them to replace with new one dont forget you have 28 days after purchase to either get full refund or replacement.:thumbsup:

5. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Will Digital Direct do a straight swap or send out an engineer or take it away for repairs? I can't deal with pretty not having the TV for an entire month seeing as we ordered on the 3rd of Jan and only got it this weekend!

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/terms/

6. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've just been called up by Digital Direct who have said that the screen will have to be picked up and looked at by engineers. They said it will be picked up by courier in 5-7 days who will organise a pick up time. And she couldn't give me an answer as to when I'd get it back! :(

It's just really annoying seeing as we will more than likely not have had the TV for almost an entire month of owning it. :mad:

Also if the 2nd one goes wrong, by the time we recieve it we'll pretty much be outside of the 28 days after purchase and only had it for a couple of days!

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I thought that the sales of goods act more or less said that within 28days they should be replaced. If the TV is damged they should replace it.

To be honest I would have thought they wouldnt loose anything anyway they would claim all expenses back from pannasonic.

Shouldnt matter when you orderd it the 28 day period should start on deliver.

8. Chick

Chick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Are you saying that they should be doing a straight swap?