Quantcast

Brand new oled warranty claim

gstarrd

Standard Member
Hi looking for abit of advice.
Picked up a brand new philips ambilight oled 9002 55” from amazon about 3 weeks ago. Wanted to go for the newer 803 model but amazon threw this one at me for £800 then refunded me £30 for a delay in delivery so i couldn't resist .
Tv so far has been spot on untill thursday when i wanted to set my ps4 pro up to see the difference in picture quality as the ps4 was set up on a led tv but not uhd 4k ready

Upon set up i was presented with the ps4 blie load up screen and that when o noticed thin white line from top to bottom of the screen, when i got closer to inspect i then not a bundle of about 20-30 black pixels dead or stuck not sure
Turned tv of and back on to no avail so contacted amazon straight away who where pretty useless, got a phone call from philips who took some details from me and i sent some photos over to there email so now waiting for a response. The person from philips asked me when i mentioned the pixels if i dropped the tv. The tv came out the box and straight on the wall, never dropped in my possession and i inspected the tv after the call and no marks anywhere around the frame to suggest it has been dropped. I tried to explain the the line is very difficult to see when watching normal tv it was only noticeable because the whole screen was 1 shade of blue and the pixels are that close to the black bezel you cant notice untill your about 1 foot away so theres every chance it had been like that since i first turned it in or a issue that had developed sometime in the last 2/3 weeks.
Im just more worried im going to end up getting the short straw here
Im annoyed at amazon because its still in the first 28 days of purchase i would have thought they would have dealt with it but they are just passing me on to philips

sagaris99

Hi looking for abit of advice.
Picked up a brand new philips ambilight oled 9002 55” from amazon about 3 weeks ago. Wanted to go for the newer 803 model but amazon threw this one at me for £800 then refunded me £30 for a delay in delivery so i couldn't resist .
Tv so far has been spot on untill thursday when i wanted to set my ps4 pro up to see the difference in picture quality as the ps4 was set up on a led tv but not uhd 4k ready

Upon set up i was presented with the ps4 blie load up screen and that when o noticed thin white line from top to bottom of the screen, when i got closer to inspect i then not a bundle of about 20-30 black pixels dead or stuck not sure
Turned tv of and back on to no avail so contacted amazon straight away who where pretty useless, got a phone call from philips who took some details from me and i sent some photos over to there email so now waiting for a response. The person from philips asked me when i mentioned the pixels if i dropped the tv. The tv came out the box and straight on the wall, never dropped in my possession and i inspected the tv after the call and no marks anywhere around the frame to suggest it has been dropped. I tried to explain the the line is very difficult to see when watching normal tv it was only noticeable because the whole screen was 1 shade of blue and the pixels are that close to the black bezel you cant notice untill your about 1 foot away so theres every chance it had been like that since i first turned it in or a issue that had developed sometime in the last 2/3 weeks.
Im just more worried im going to end up getting the short straw here
Im annoyed at amazon because its still in the first 28 days of purchase i would have thought they would have dealt with it but they are just passing me on to philips
Be clear - you’re within the first 30 days, so it’s Amazons problem. Reject the goods, say they are not of satisfactory quality. You do not have to get a repair through Philips is you don’t want to.

You say they are passing you on to Philips, what for? To asses what the issue is, or to try and get them to repair it?

gstarrd

Standard Member
Im not entirely sure why, i spoke to amazon tech support and the guy said he was going to contact philips, was unsuccessful doing this so then told me he would be in touch tomorrow (friday) once he has spoke to philips
Instead i got a call from philips, i am assuming it is to asses the issue

sagaris99

Im not entirely sure why, i spoke to amazon tech support and the guy said he was going to contact philips, was unsuccessful doing this so then told me he would be in touch tomorrow (friday) once he has spoke to philips
Instead i got a call from philips, i am assuming it is to asses the issue
It’s up to you... you can of course let the process take its course, or you can put your foot down and remind Amazon that it’s within 30 days of purchase, and that you’re entitled to a full refund if you so wish.

It will be interesting to see what Philips decide to do... that is certainly a panel fault, not the result of drop or damage by you...

gstarrd

Standard Member
Yeah ill wait till Monday and see what philips say then contact amazon and tell them i want a replacement
Just annoyed at myself i didn't notice it earlier. Would have been alot easier if i reported it the same day or even the day after
Thanks for your advice

gibbsy

Reject the goods. Do so in writing to Amazon with the 30 days. Do not allow Philips to repair it.

LCDseeker

Agree with the above. 100% demand a return and either a brand new replacement or a refund. do not go down the repair/Phillips route.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Reject the goods. Do so in writing to Amazon with the 30 days. Do not allow Philips to repair it.
Agree with this. I personally prefer the Amazon web chat option as you can save a copy of the chat transcript, which at least is evidence for yourself to prove you have reported the fault in a timely manner.

If you do this web chat be sure to reference the call you made and state the date - then insist that Amazon resolve it. I think they're just trying their luck, I'd be genuinely surprised if they are much more resistant.

If you can get a refund I'd personally recommend shopping elsewhere. Amazon CS have been great in the past for me, however when it comes to TV's I'd rather have the added peace of mind with the 5/6 year warranty you get as standard from the likes of John Lewis or Richer Sounds.

Last edited:

gstarrd

Standard Member
Just a update, had a nightmare with philips
They admitted it was a faulty panel and would collect for repair
Would not replace or refund me because this is supposedly there terms and conditions that they only repair even in the first 30 days.
Terrible service wouldn’t let me speak to a manager and when i asked to put me through to complaints i was told they only do complaints online and she would send me the link.
A angry phone call back to amazon telling them what philips said, how ridiculous there service and philips service has been.
I told the advisor i don't want any bullsh*t i want a replacement tv by the end of the week or i am seriously going to lose it.
Got my new tv delivered this morning
If i have any issues with this one i will be returning for a refund this time.
I would have preferred richer sounds with the warranty or even costco but the tv was that cheap i couldn't resist buying it.
Just annoyed I've had a issue this early on with a oled
The other 2 TVs I have, 1 is about 12 year old and the other about 6 year old still work fine with no issues and i buy this and its last 3 weeks
Fingers crossed for the new one.
I will be inspecting the screen this time when i get home today
Thanks for all the help

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Just a update, had a nightmare with philips
They admitted it was a faulty panel and would collect for repair
Would not replace or refund me because this is supposedly there terms and conditions that they only repair even in the first 30 days.
Terrible service wouldn’t let me speak to a manager and when i asked to put me through to complaints i was told they only do complaints online and she would send me the link.
A angry phone call back to amazon telling them what philips said, how ridiculous there service and philips service has been.
I told the advisor i don't want any bullsh*t i want a replacement tv by the end of the week or i am seriously going to lose it.
Got my new tv delivered this morning
If i have any issues with this one i will be returning for a refund this time.
I would have preferred richer sounds with the warranty or even costco but the tv was that cheap i couldn't resist buying it.
Just annoyed I've had a issue this early on with a oled
The other 2 TVs I have, 1 is about 12 year old and the other about 6 year old still work fine with no issues and i buy this and its last 3 weeks
Fingers crossed for the new one.
I will be inspecting the screen this time when i get home today
Thanks for all the help
To be fair to Philips all they could do is offer a repair, or at a stretch give a direct exchange. Ultimately it's Amazon's responsibility during the return period, and you've got the positive result desired.

I can understand your frustration though, Amazon should have owned it right off the bat and just sorted you out without pushing you to the manufacturer.

Good luck with your new TV, hope you enjoy it! :smashin: