Brand New LG OLED55CX5LB with so many picture problems

PRJ2112

Novice Member
Hello

I've just purchased an LG OLED55CX5LB and have been using it for about 2 weeks.
I'm very concerned about the endless picture artefacts I've been having, are few examples are...
1. Fast moving images sometime pixelate and tear, this is on standard HD and also on some HDR content. I generally notice something on any programme I watch.
2. I have endlessly tried all the settings on TruMotion to fix this with no avail and discovered that setting it to smooth is the only way to watch anything without judder, Some people on the forum suggest turning off Trumotion all together but the juddering is then just terrible.
3. Watching Zero Zero Zero on Sky in HDR, when the subtitles disappear it sometimes leaves what I can only describe as a few trailing white pixels where the subtitle originally was
4. Watching something on iPlayer and the top of the picture was tearing into the black crop bar at the top (picture example attached) I tried to freeze on a fast moving section to show the tearing.
IMG_5585.jpg

5. I've got the common problem where it's hit an miss if the TV turns when I turn the Sky Q box on, I replaced the cable but no difference.

This is my first OLED and the picture quality is amazing but I'm amazed at how many picture artefacts I get.
I have the option of taking the TV back and replacing it with another one or changing for a Sony Bravia KD55A8 but I'm worried this is a normal situation for an OLED and I will still have the same problems.
When I bought the TV I wanted the Sony but was put off by the non HDMI 2.1, but if all the picture issues are fixed I wouldn't be bothered.

Any help really appreciated

Many thanks
Paul

gbjbaanb

I watched a video of a guy who bought one, but mentioned the bad bits. And one was grainyness from the picture that was really bad and flipped in and out so its not the source material but the LG processing as he says "it can be perfect in one scene and then unwatchable in the next". For a £1200+ TV, I'd expect it to be better than this.

1614532512786.png

bonkersrob

I've seen issues on the CX, with trumotion using Sky Q, on certain channels like BBC1 and ITV1, like a robotic movement/ micro stutter effect around people's hands and faces. Really weird. The only way to stop it, is to switch Trumotion totally off. If you want support with motion, you could switch to Game picture mode, and go into user defined motion settings which ONLY engages the OLED motion Pro (BFI) control if you want it, and not the trumotion deblur and dejudder settings - so might help with this issue. Some people like it with the trumotion and BFI completely off, but Game picture mode gives you the option to try BFI on its own.

Hello

I've just purchased an LG OLED55CX5LB and have been using it for about 2 weeks.
I'm very concerned about the endless picture artefacts I've been having, are few examples are...
1. Fast moving images sometime pixelate and tear, this is on standard HD and also on some HDR content. I generally notice something on any programme I watch.
2. I have endlessly tried all the settings on TruMotion to fix this with no avail and discovered that setting it to smooth is the only way to watch anything without judder, Some people on the forum suggest turning off Trumotion all together but the juddering is then just terrible.
3. Watching Zero Zero Zero on Sky in HDR, when the subtitles disappear it sometimes leaves what I can only describe as a few trailing white pixels where the subtitle originally was
4. Watching something on iPlayer and the top of the picture was tearing into the black crop bar at the top (picture example attached) I tried to freeze on a fast moving section to show the tearing.View attachment 1468211
5. I've got the common problem where it's hit an miss if the TV turns when I turn the Sky Q box on, I replaced the cable but no difference.

This is my first OLED and the picture quality is amazing but I'm amazed at how many picture artefacts I get.
I have the option of taking the TV back and replacing it with another one or changing for a Sony Bravia KD55A8 but I'm worried this is a normal situation for an OLED and I will still have the same problems.
When I bought the TV I wanted the Sony but was put off by the non HDMI 2.1, but if all the picture issues are fixed I wouldn't be bothered.

Any help really appreciated

Many thanks
Paul
Hi are the problems with only standard TV.does the same problem happen with bluetay.i have sky q .I have changed sky figure 8 to custom power cable.better picture.i have notice a few artifacts on sky but not with blueray. Also did factory reset as some changes .I have lg oled 20 months old.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom