Brand New Infocus 7210 For £1399

pcookie

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this the bargain it seems? How does the 7210 compare to the IN76?
The web site selling the 7210 is Luzentech based in Ireland. Are they reputable?

Thanks for any advice
cookie

great post! was just gonna ask this.. :D)

They have a SP777 for £4999 .. but if u look at the description it mentions a ryder cup special of €4999 ~= £3.5K!
Not bad for a 3 chip DLP :)

pcookie said:
Is this the bargain it seems? How does the 7210 compare to the IN76?
I have been informed that the 7210 is effectively a model up from the IN76 in terms of performance & quality.

The web site selling the 7210 is Luzentech based in Ireland. Are they reputable?
I paid for mine on Monday and got it today :D

And it is definitely brand new and not refurbished as some of their other PJs are.

Thanks guys, will investigate further!

cookie

im on the cusp of buying the Themescene HD72, is this (7210) a better pj?

darkmavis said:
im on the cusp of buying the Themescene HD72, is this (7210) a better pj?
Well the original retail price of the 7210 (and the price that most places are still selling it for) is around £3,000.
Whether that means anything or not...

From what I have read on the forum, the 7210 is generally considered to be better quality and in a class above the HD72i but it does have some drawbacks like noisy fan, etc.

I too almost bought an HD72i until I found out about the vertical offset which meant it was no good for me (the image would have been more than 60cm from the ceiling which is too low).

Do some reading on the forum and online or if you really want to know, get a demo of both of them.

ive demoed the hd and it was exellent, i have 12 foot ceilings so the v offsert is no problem. i cant demo the 7210 unfortunatly, are the throws on these diffrent? i currently have a ae500 and at the current distance (13 foot away) throws a 8 foot long screen (and it rocks) will i be able to get about the same size screen?

There's a calculator on the InFocus website you can use to check throw, etc.

Or you can use the one on Projector Central.

I have an Infocus 7205 (bought from Luzerntech) and it is a superb pj. The 7210 is even better and uses the latest Darkchip3 chip which is unheard of on a HD PJ costing £1399!!
This IS a real bargain and anyone who buys it will be very, very happy!!:thumbsup:

It's apparently louder than most but as this is my first projector I can't really make a subjective comparison.
It doesn't seem too bad to me and that's with it sat on the table whilst I'm checking it all works.

Thanks for the input. I used to have an AE700, ceiling mounted and on hot days the fan would speed up considerably, and the moise along with it obviously.

Anyone else got a comparison between the 7210 and other projectors, it's a pity that Infocus don't publish the db level as this would at least give me a start.

Thanks
Keith

Metalman,

thanks for that, first two ports of call when researching projectors are here and ProjectorCentral.

Like elsewhere it mentions the fan being louder than others but doesn't say how loud or doesn't compare it to anything else. This is really what I'm looking for.

Thanks
Keith

Brogan,

it's a bit of a hike from way up here, but your place and what you're doing to it looks absolutely stunning.

Think it's fair to say you have a few jealous guys round here lol.

Thanks
Keith

Hmm, I've just realised that's not going to work.
The meter only goes down to 60dB and I would hope it's nowhere near that...:rolleyes:

7210 is a better PJ than optoma 72 and at the same class with
optoma 79.
The better picture quality is discernible in side by side viewing.

cicada78 said:
whats rainbows like on the7210?
Very good, hardly noticeable at all. Fan noise is comparable with Sharp XV-Z200e which I previously had and is about 29db in low lamp mode. Mine is above and slightly behind my head on a rear shelf (about 2 ft away) and I don't really notice it and when I do, it is during quite passages and even then, it has a very 'dull' tone, nothing high pitched.
I would say, if you have a surround system to use with it, then the fan noise would not be an issue.

Just got mine :D
Unfortunately my AV room is currently under construction so it will be a few weeks before I get to see what it really can do.:(
Fired it up in the office with my PC and it certainly works:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom