1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new HS50 - riddled with dead pixels

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BigJonnyB, Jan 28, 2005.

1. BigJonnyB

BigJonnyB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Originally purchased a panny ae700e, which got stolen when my house was burgled, insurance money came through and decided to go for a HS50. Drove out to Bolton to pick up from soundandvision.com - as they were showing stock. This took 2 hours, and 2 hours to get back.
    Got it home, first problem - no UK power cable supplied in the box! I was pretty suprised to say the least, and narked at myself for not having checked. Used the supplied american cable through an adapter, and to my utter disbelief, there are over 500 dead pixels in the top right hand corner (guestimate). No matter what the connection, or source they are there, just varying in visibility according to the background colour.
    I can't believe that something like this ever got through quality control. I will have to now call soundandvision and hope they don't start giving hassle about taking it back, which to be quite frank I can't see that they can...but still another 4 hour drive - and I think this might have been the last one they had in stock..
    oh well rant over, not much I can do for tonight, just now hope I don't get any hassle tomorrow, but still projectorless :0(
    JB

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Sorry to hear your bad luck mate... That really sucks..

Put it down to 'live and learn'!! You wont do it twice eh!?

CH

3. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thats unlucky, but 500?? Sounds like its taken a knock somewhere :(. If I collect a projector, I'd always ask them to fire it up before I left, especially after a 2hour journey. Best of luck with the replacement