Brand new C7 with a stuck pixel

Adamski72

Novice Member
Have any of you experienced a stuck pixel on your LG OLED panels?

I have just purchased a C7 55" from Currys 2 weeks ago and it has developed a bright white pixel to the right of centre of the screen. (v.distracting now I know it is there). They have agreed to swap the TV for a new one as it is less than 30 days. However if the issue had happened after the 30 day period the LG rep would not have allowed the TV to be replaced as this does not constitute a faulty panel due to their pixel policy. Should I be worried about this? I am keen that this does not happen outside of warranty as this is an expensive high end panel that I hope to keep running for a number of years. Should I just be damned and get an LCD?

woppy101

Distinguished Member

I have just purchased a C7 55" from Currys 2 weeks ago and it has developed a bright white pixel to the right of centre of the screen. (v.distracting now I know it is there). They have agreed to swap the TV for a new one as it is less than 30 days. However if the issue had happened after the 30 day period the LG rep would not have allowed the TV to be replaced as this does not constitute a faulty panel due to their pixel policy. Should I be worried about this? I am keen that this does not happen outside of warranty as this is an expensive high end panel that I hope to keep running for a number of years. Should I just be damned and get an LCD?
LG will replace a panel with one stuck bright pixel at any time within the first year

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member

Ive had a stuck white pixel on a E7 oled ,ran a manual pixel refresh on the set and it never came back

NM2160

Try running a 'pixel refresher' cycle & see if that helps.

Adamski72

Novice Member
I have tried the pixel refresher 5 or 6 times with no avail I'm afraid.

Is this a common issue for these panels?

NM2160

I have tried the pixel refresher 5 or 6 times with no avail I'm afraid.

Is this a common issue for these panels?
LCD's can suffer from dead / stuck pixels too so it's nothing unique to OLED.

My advice would be to take Currys offer of a replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom