Quantcast
  • You may not reply to archived adverts. Once they have been archived, they are no longer active and are here for reference only.

For Sale Brand New and Sealed Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + 5G 256GB Black

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Essex
I have for sale a brand new and sealed Galaxy Note 10 plus 5g. It is black and the 256gb variant.

The phone is an upgrade on the 3 network.

Unfortunately as I took it in store they won't allow me to return it, otherwise I would. (got into a heated discussion but the manager would not budge over their "policy")

I will not post. Collection only in person.

Please note: I have 3 rescue which is an insurance policy. Upon collection I'll call 3 on loudspeaker and cancel the policy informing them I no longer have the phone.

Asking price is £900.

For peace of mind, I've sold high value items before such as an oled tv, 1080Ti, ipads and iphones before (all in person)

Attachments

Last edited:

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
When you say an upgrade do you mean a contract upgrade, as in it's attached to a monthly payment?

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Essex
When you say an upgrade do you mean a contract upgrade, as in it's attached to a monthly payment?
Yes that is correct.

I appreciate that will be a concern for many. Which is why I've suggested calling 3 on loudspeaker and cancelling the insurance policy to inform them I no longer own the handset.

Another thing worth noting is even a phone bought sim free could potentially be blocked down the line.

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
and you agreed the monthly contract before you collected it in store?

Or did you sign the contract (not the collection) paperwork in store?

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Essex
and you agreed the monthly contract before you collected it in store?

Or did you sign the contract (not the collection) paperwork in store?
I signed in store. Had I done it online or over the telephone I would have had a 14 day return window, but any contracts signed in store have no returns policy with 3.

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
But I want to be very clear as the devil is in the detail.

Are you 100% certain the contract you signed in store was a brand new contract and not a contract extension or a delivery acknowledgement?

Another way of looking at it, had you already agreed the extension and made any payment of any kind before you went to the store?

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Essex
It was an upgrade from sim only to handset contract.

Everything was done in store.

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
It was an upgrade from sim only to handset contract.

Everything was done in store.
Sorry, I realise this sounds like I'm being anal, but it's important,

A contract upgrade is an extension to an existing contract, not a brand new contract.

So this 'upgrade' did it apply to the existing contract (i.e. if you still had say 21 months on the existing contract how long is the extension 21 months or 24 months)?

The reason it's important is that what you and the manager understand to be correct, may not be from a legal viewpoint and you might have grounds to back it even if you currently don't think you do.

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Essex
Sorry, I realise this sounds like I'm being anal, but it's important,

A contract upgrade is an extension to an existing contract, not a brand new contract.

So this 'upgrade' did it apply to the existing contract (i.e. if you still had say 21 months on the existing contract how long is the extension 21 months or 24 months)?

The reason it's important is that what you and the manager understand to be correct, may not be from a legal viewpoint and you might have grounds to back it even if you currently don't think you do.
Ok so to clarify, I was on a sim only contract which was 12 months initially. However that "ended" nearly 2 years ago, so I was on a rolling month contract which I could end at any time with 30 days notice.

I went into the store and they processed it as a "handset upgrade" contract which has a minimum term of 24 months which started this month.

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
OK, so in store, you did all the negotiation and signed the contract there.

Did you make your first payment (or handset premium payment) while in the store?

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Essex
OK, so in store, you did all the negotiation and signed the contract there.

Did you make your first payment (or handset premium payment) while in the store?
Ye, the sales staff went over the price plans, handset cost etc and I agreed to a price plan, he produced the paperwork which I signed at his desk.

No payment was made in store.

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
OK, in that case you're almost certainly correct. But I've seen too many instances of retailers, particularly phone shops actually put the contract in place before collection and then try to claim there's no cooling off period. Which is why the devil is in the detail as it's that that determines when the contract was initiated.

Sorry if I fracked up the thread, probably worth archiving and reposting so people don't have to wade through my ramblings.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
OK, in that case you're almost certainly correct. But I've seen too many instances of retailers, particularly phone shops actually put the contract in place before collection and then try to claim there's no cooling off period. Which is why the devil is in the detail as it's that that determines when the contract was initiated.

Sorry if I fracked up the thread, probably worth archiving and reposting so people don't have to wade through my ramblings.
I assumed from the time and effort you expended, you’d be making an offer or at the very least express an interest. Did I miss that part?

pinnocchio

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Reaction score
London
I assumed from the time and effort you expended, you’d be making an offer or at the very least express an interest. Did I miss that part?
Hi Rouse

I was going to possibly make an offer when I initially opened the thread, however the price is too high for me. I then thought I may be able to help the OP return it if I got a better idea of the 'disagreement' he'd had in store.....unfortunately that won't be the case.

I'm always happy to invest some time helping fellow members with difficulty where I can, isn't that the forum way?

That's why I suggested archiving and reposting.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Thanks, the advert stays, as does the content.

EV3A

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Reaction score
Essex
Archiving, decided to open and keep it

Trending threads

Top Bottom