Brain dead - Samsung LE26M51BX or me?

I

ianros

Hi all,

Hey, what a busy forum this is!!! And loads about problems with Samsung LCD sets. But no mention of this specific problem, so maybe I'm just being stupid and it's actually a setting thing...

Just unpacked a gleaming new LE26M51. Plugged in to the Mac (via the vga adapter as I don't have a dvi cable (yet)), turned on and got a whole 1 second of picture, then black. Hmmm. Tried again. And again. Same each time. Then tried regular AV input and worked out how to change the input by watching that 1 second of picture each time, and still got 1 second of AV picture. But there is on-going audio output. Soooo.... although it could be a duff video processor board, it could also be some sort of auto-picture shutdown (sleep timer kicking in prematurely?) or auto-brightness adjusting for a very dark room (which it's not). Or another setting I'm not aware of. Reset the remote control. Used the buttons on the front panel. Tried to guess my way to the Reset part of the menu system. All to no effect. I guess I'm looking at a brain-dead machine, due for immediate replacement at PC World. Or could one of you obviously very experienced AV guys (that's both M and F guys, of course) tell me what I'm doing wrong?

TVM,

Ian

greyhorse

Standard Member
try setting your screen res lower

As i think your sending the screen out of range :)

I

ianros

Thanks for the quick reply, greyhorse. Resolution issue seems reasonable, and I'll give it a go, but I would have thought the AV input, which was from an old non-digital 8mm camcorder (it was handy), would have been ok whatever. Or could I have caused confusion by then? Or could just still having the VGA/Mac connected (although not selected) have caused the screen to trip out? Intriguing...

Ian

I

ianros

Tried it AV only, no PC input, and had the same (1 second only) results. Strange, it's obviously working, at least it thinks it is, just no picture - which is a shame 'cos that's probably it's main reason for existing! All packed up now and ready to go back. I'll let you know what the story is when I find out myself. Let's hope there's no "call Samsung youself" palava.

Cheers,

Ian

S

scott1527

tried setting your vid card to 1360 x 768 with a refresh rate of 60 hz ?

I

ianros

Unit returned to PC World yesterday. They tested it and agreed it was faulty and would replace it - new stock due in tomorrow. Got a call later to say that they couldn't replace it as all those Samsung model TVs were being recalled. Make of that what you will...

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom