1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brag about your speakers, PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gordon, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Gordon

Gordon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sick and tired of trying to choose the right speakers. Every single day I change my mind 2 or even 3 times.

Every time I decide on a package, I hear a bad review or see a better deal or something.

I unfortunately can't get to demo many, so I am relying on reviews and views.

Tell me if you have paid up to £500 for your package and love it to bits.

2. SimonSays

SimonSays

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Check out www.audioreview.com
    It's an American site - the people there don't 'brag' but they do like to review and rant. You'll find peoples opinions on all kinds of home cinema and audio kit there.
    Choosing speakers is a very personal thing and you really do need to audition them for yourself even if you're 'only' spending £500. Also, requirements differ from person to person. Personally I wanted small discrete speakers so went for a sub and satelites package - Definitive Technology sub and Pro-Cinema 80's (the web site I mentioned certainly put me off Bose, although I did audition them for myself too). These were more than you're looking to spend but the Energy Take 5 sub/sat system got nearly as good reviews.
    Do audition for yourself if at all possible - take a days leave and go to a shop with suitable facilities - it's your money and your choice in the end.
    Good luck
    Simon.

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    I completely agree with Simon. When I auditioned speakers I found I didn't like many models that had got glowing reviews in the press. It usually took about 30 seconds to discount the ones I didn't like and a couple of hours to decide between the final three!

------------------
    "Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."