Bradley Manning is a woman.

Simplythebeast

Established Member
Reaction score
It would appear that the day after being sentenced to 35 yrs in prison Bradley Manning has stated that he is actually a woman and wants to begin hormone therapy immediately. Whats that all about?

I'd imagine it's about him identifying as being a woman and wishing to appear the same gender as he identifies with.

He probably didn't reveal this previously as it may have detracted from his trial.

Would you rather be in a man's prison or a woman's prison?

I reckon he thinks hes in for a tough time in a mans prison due to his tiny boyish stature and thinks womens prison is a better option. He may also be using this as ammunition in any appeal saying that due to the stresses of being a woman in a mans body he wasnt thinking straight and should lodge an appeal on the basis of his mental capacity at the time. Smells of lawyers games to me.

I reckon he thinks hes in for a tough time in a mans prison due to his tiny boyish stature and thinks womens prison is a better option. He may also be using this as ammunition in any appeal saying that due to the stresses of being a woman in a mans body he wasnt thinking straight and should lodge an appeal on the basis of his mental capacity at the time. Smells of lawyers games to me.

Or he knows that he should really be a woman and considering he will spend most of his life inside for exposing war crimes, he might as well be who s/he wants to be.

Would he not still legally be a man?

Dunno what the system is in America but its an odd time to suddenly spring it.

Not really the announcement I'd make before a prison sentence. "I want to be the next Corporal Klinger."

Explains why he was such a gossip though.

Military. He was a serving soldier. Seems to be Fort Leavenworth.

Last edited:
If he becomes a woman, I should think that they will have to move him for his own safety, especially after gender reassignment as Leavenworth is a male prison

If he becomes a woman, I should think that they will have to move him for his own safety, especially after gender reassignment as Leavenworth is a male prison

Yeah i assumed that was a given :)

How? If the army isn't paying does he have the money? They going to let him out for an op? How's it going to happen?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom