Brackets to hold my Bryston amps

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by bamber, Oct 13, 2004.

1. bamber

bamber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now decided I want my amps really close to the speakers and to keep the speaker cable length less than 1/2 a metre. I also want my setup to look tidy, so came up with the idea of mounting the amps on shelves in the basement right under each speaker. The basement is dry and weather proofed with a dedicated consumer panel for a future HT room so no problems there.

I have already made holes for the speaker cable being careful not to hit the under floor heating. XLR terminated ICs and power cables are now in place so I just need to get the shelves sorted.

The amps weigh 36kg and 2 x 22kg so ideally the shelves should be capable of holding at least 50kg each.

Can anyone recommend brackets which attach to the wall pointing upwards so that the bracket would be hidden behind the amp? I was planning on using solid wood for the shelves 1-2 inches thick but again would like to hear your suggestions.

Thanks

Gaz