Bracket for Projector

CrispyXUK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just ordered my AE300 from komlett :clap: I cant wait but I need a wall bracket to han it on, is there anything you uys could recommend me that is cheap and easily purchased from a high street shop?

Thanks

Well I'm at the same stage as you with my AE500.
Looked at the proper type of brackets and still getting my breath back!
Wow what prices.
So now going to look at those brackets that hold VCRs under TV wall brackets. Hopefully I will be able somehow to hang this VCR bracket from the ceiling.

Just read your post again and note you want wall mounting, in that case just have a look at TV and loudspeaker wall mounting brackets in the DIY stores. Make sure it will tilt in the direction you require.

Are you sure wall mounting is ok for you?
Will that be too far away from screen as in my case.

How do you plan to use that CrispyXUK ?, simply by putting a shelf on top of it and then the PJ on top of that, or by some other means ?

I am definately wall mounting (at the moment anyhow), so thought about using wither a deep shelf (allowing plenty of space around the back for the fan to kick out the hot air) or something like a TV mounting bracket

Well I will attach a peice of MDF to the top and screw the PJ to that, I choose those brackets as they are adjustable.

I've mounted mine on the rear wall. It's sitting on a tv/video bracket (from Argos for about £10-20).

I've got piccies on my site. Go to:

www.drg4.fsnet.co.uk
click on the 'links' button in the left hand frame.
scroll down the right hand yellow page that loads and click on My (New) AV Page.

the mounting looks quite tidy and is very easy to do (i mean, if I can do it....):)

whats the name of the bracket mate?

I've recently purchased the AE500 & had planned for the projector to be fixed from the ceiling fairly close to the back wall, however with the short throw lense the AE's have I found I couldn't site the projector quite wherel I wanted.

You may find that the projector is going to dictate where it needs to be sighted in relation to picture sizing on the screen.

I suggest you experiment with the projector & screen before you decide how your going to mount the projector.

Good Luck
Lez

well I aint puting anything in the wall till I get it but the PJ calculator gives me enough room

Mine started out as a TV bracket similar to this Argos one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...0001&langId=-1&catalogId=1751&productId=89906

except black. It was left by the previous owners of the house, so not sure of exact model. Anyway, there's a spherical sort of attachment for the plate at the end, so it can be easily adjusted dead level and tilted/swivelled.

On mine it was easy enough to diassemble the arm and flip the end bit over. I also removed one 'link' to make it tidier, as I didn't need the extra reach. So that leaves the plate onto which the TV would normally sit facing downwards instead.

I transferred the hole locations for the AE-200 via a bit of A4 paper (hold it still on the (inverted) PJ and push the end of a biro through it into the four M4 mounting holes. Then mark the holes onto the TV support plate and drill a bit oversize). This was followed by some serious hacksaw work to cut down the mounting plate, as it looked really ugly overhanging the edges of the AE-200. Painted the cut edges matt black.

Finally, I used some longish M4 stainless cap head bolts to fix the PJ, spacing it out with some spare M8 nuts (thought this might be a good idea for cooling).

Finished article here:

http://www.eland.uklinux.net/pjmount.jpg

Just need to get some trunking and tidy up the cables now...

Basically, drill 6 mounting holes into the wall, stick rawlplugs into the holes and attach the tv bracket with 6 screws. Now stick the projector on top. That's it. No need to drill anything else etc. all done. The bracket is from here:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...gId=-1&searchTerms=tv+bracket&go.x=11&go.y=16

any of these will do fine.
(i'd go for the 534/0277 one about £15:) )

Also, My projector isn't mounted 'ideally' because I have to use about +10 horizontal keystone and -3 vertical. Ideally it would be dead centre but even with this, your AE300 should be fine and still prodduce an immense image.

If you're worried about image size and throw distance, you can get a longer throw lense attachment (official panasonic one) from pricejapan. I think it's the Panasonic TY-LECTE300

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom