Bracket for 52W5500?

luke_1983uk

hello all, ive just purchased my new TV and am really happy with it after all the choices and decisions, but now i need a bracket a dont want to spend a fortune as my budget isnt as great as it used to be, my brother recently got the PLB103m from amazon
PLB103M-K Black Universal 32-55" LCD/Plasma: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
and its awesome!

but my question on the site it says for 32 - 55" the sony being a 52" would be ok but then i saw this and wondered whether this would be more suitable its the same model PLB103L for 40-60" but for an extra 20pound.
PLB103L Universal 40-60" TV Wall Mount Bracket in Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

can anyone suggest what would be better?

sorry for the long boring post =(

Member252055

Hi

It's basically the same bracket but one is a little wider and goes up to the 800 x 400 VESA centres. You don't need this as your Sony is only 400 x 400 so I'd go for the smaller one.

These are pretty deep though, 80mm (8cm), that's quite a lot of depth for your 52" to be sat off the wall.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Graham

luke_1983uk

graham thanks so much for your help!!!

i dont think the 8cm will be a problem if its only cosmetic because i will have some power sockets directly behind the tv so may need a centimeter or 2.

if it is a problem and may be a dangerous one then ill get something else if you can recommend something better

thanks

graham

luke_1983uk

graham youve persueded me to go for your bracket, my only question is would the main bracket fit just above the electrical sockets leaving the TV to cover them up?

sorry for the questions :(

Attachments

• 20082009817.jpg
    20082009817.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 247

Member252055

Hi

Correct, you can either have the socket above or below the plate depending on where you're running the wires from.

Best Regards
Graham

luke_1983uk

i checked the site for the dimensions but cant find anything, is there a way of getting them, so i can have a measure up tonight, my big worry is the plate will make the tv too high because of the sockets?
thank you for all your help

luke_1983uk

:thumbsup:done, thanks

luke_1983uk

graham does all screws etc come supplied with this bracket?

Member252055

Hi

All screws for fixing the TV are included. Screws for the wall aren't. We do have a range of wall fixings otherwise it's a trip to B&Q.

Regards
Graham

luke_1983uk

hiya graham i measured up the bracket and it wont fit because of the back plate and will stop access to the electrical sockets =( gutted, but it looks like this either of these 2 would

Lorenzo Porsche II Carbon Black Easy Installation Ultra Low Profile Flat Panel LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Touch & Tilt System up to 60" , VIVO-P07F-BLACK for: SONY -

Lorenzo Porsche Carbon Black Easy Installation Ultra Low Profile Flat Panel LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket up to 60", VIVO-P051-BLACK for: SONY -

would the single plate option be safe (option 2) would you trust it?

if anyone can help id be so grateful, im tearing my hair out! =(

luke_1983uk

Hi

With this TV I would always recommend this bracket;

M-Form - 32" to 52" Tilting Universal LCD/Plasma Bracket

More expensive (but free delivery), GS/TUV tested. Depth is 60mm which would give you tilt with enough room for cables etc.

REgards
Graham

graham iv had a good look this weekend and would prefer to go with your stand, which i will order later, does the plate sit centralised to the back of the tv on the wall, ive got a horrible feeling the sockets are gonna be in a nighmare of a place causeing the tv to be either too high or too low, thanks for all your advice, would love to just be able to order it today and not worry!

Member252055

Hi

The plate will be just above centre on the TV. You do have a bit of flexibility with the mounting height depending on where you mount the arms on the TV. Also bare in mind there is a cutout in the centre of the bracket which you can get plugs and your hand through. I noticed you've mounted double gang sockets behind which presumably you want access to, at least the switches. You should be able to do this if you can't mount the bracket above or below.

We offer a full 'no questions' returns policy as long as the bracket hasn't actually been attached so you do have the chance to see if it all works first.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Graham

luke_1983uk

graham thanks so much for getting back to me, and thanks for all the advice, i really appreciate it! seems like all my questions have been answered so thanks alot, ill get an order in now for the bracket!

honestly thanks so much! :thumbsup:

one last cheeky question?? Any discounts for forum members?

Last edited:

luke_1983uk

^
Graham?? ;)

Member252055

Hi

AH, sorry, you don't get notified when you edit a post so I didn't see your request.

To be honest we tend not to offer discount to any particular group as our prices are set to our best level anyway. If you can give 5% to one set of people then you should be able to give it to everyone I say.

I know we're not the cheapest as we manufacture our own products here in the UK but we do offer a very reputable pre and after sales service from which you have benefitted whether you decide to purchase our bracket or not.

Remember delivery is free next-day also.

Best Regards
Graham

luke_1983uk

Hi

AH, sorry, you don't get notified when you edit a post so I didn't see your request.

To be honest we tend not to offer discount to any particular group as our prices are set to our best level anyway. If you can give 5% to one set of people then you should be able to give it to everyone I say.

I know we're not the cheapest as we manufacture our own products here in the UK but we do offer a very reputable pre and after sales service from which you have benefitted whether you decide to purchase our bracket or not.

Remember delivery is free next-day also.

Best Regards
Graham

OK no worries, its always worth a try though :D
ill get my card details from home when i go to lunch then ill be over on the site and make my order! thanks alot for the help though really appreciated! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom