• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bracket for 40v3000 help required

atsoc15

Hi can anyone assist in helping me find a bracket for my new sony 40v3000. Im gong to be wall mounted it to an exterior wall so i think its all brick. Anyway i will be getting a (builder, joiner) whatever he calls himself to fit it, but just dont fancy paying the 100 quid plus for a bracket. Can anyone recommend any cheaper brackets that are compatable with my sony v3000. Thanks

comatose

Standard Member
Hi there, not a recommendation as such but I'm in the same situation and thinking of getting one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLB103M-Universal-Plasma-Bracket-Security/dp/B000RJ31IW/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1199227694&sr=1-24

It has tilt as it will be mounted above the fireplace and therefore need some downward angling to avoid catching glare from the lights. I found this one as well which is a flat model and looks like it's from the same company:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLB105L-Plasma-Bracket-Height-Adjustable/dp/B000TPIX8M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199228873&sr=1-3

Would be interested to know if anyone has tried this tv/bracket combination and whether it is of decent build quality as it does seem very cheap compared to some of the alternatives I've seen.

Cheers,

atsoc15

Hi there, not a recommendation as such but I'm in the same situation and thinking of getting one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLB103M-Universal-Plasma-Bracket-Security/dp/B000RJ31IW/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1199227694&sr=1-24

It has tilt as it will be mounted above the fireplace and therefore need some downward angling to avoid catching glare from the lights. I found this one as well which is a flat model and looks like it's from the same company:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLB105L-Plasma-Bracket-Height-Adjustable/dp/B000TPIX8M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199228873&sr=1-3

Would be interested to know if anyone has tried this tv/bracket combination and whether it is of decent build quality as it does seem very cheap compared to some of the alternatives I've seen.

Cheers,

Is it wise to put it above a fireplace, will the heat not affect the tv. I know a friend of mine moved a radiator to put a tv on his wall cos he said the heat would damage it

comatose

Standard Member
Is it wise to put it above a fireplace, will the heat not affect the tv. I know a friend of mine moved a radiator to put a tv on his wall cos he said the heat would damage it

Well aside from the fact it hardly ever gets used (I think it was on once last year) the mantlepiece protrudes out quite a bit so the chimney wall never gets hot. Were it not for that of course I wouldn't consider it, but on the plus side it should save a lot of floor space for extra seats and hi-fi equipment :thumbsup:

atsoc15

anyone, im really desperate to wall mount my tv, but dont want to pay the 200 odd quid sony want for there bracket

comatose

Standard Member
Hi again, well I did receive the bracket I mentioned above (PLB103M) and here's a quick summary of what I thought about it...

I purchased it through Amazon marketplace, from a company called 'elektroworld '. It arrived in a bit of shabby state, the box was pretty well beaten up and was covered in gaffa. It looked like a return tbh and they sent the wrong colour (silver instead of black), but that's more a reflection on the retailer than the product itself.

In fact the bracket was of decent quality and contained a wide range of standard sized machine screws to fit a variety of TV's. I used six of the wall plugs to attach the anchor bracket to the wall and this was more than solid enough to hold the weight of the TV.

One problem I did run into though, was attaching the second part of the bracket to the TV itself, this was due to the TV having shallower holes on one side which meant the supplied screws would not go all the way in. I improvised here and used the washers to fill out the rest of the space - although you could easily pick up the correct screws from a DIY store if you weren't as lazy as me.

My one criticism of this bracket is that it sticks out quite far from the wall, part of this is due it being the tiltable version, but it does seem to protrude out slightly further than necessary, which could cause problems with aesthetics particularly in smaller sized rooms. If you are installing this into a wall inset then this would be a non-issue.

This is the only bracket I've ever bought and so don't have a benchmark to go on, but it's hard to imagine spending £150 or even £50 more would get you anything that would do a better job. It's perfectly strong enough to hold the TV and build quality is good, as I say my only real negative is it sticks out a bit too much, but if you are going for a non-adjustable model such as the PLB105L from the same manufacturer this wouldn't be a problem.

com

Jaunty

Just wanted to thank comatose as I was also worried at the different depths of the screw holes, his post was the only mention I found about it to reassure me my KDL-40V3000 was not faulty.

Coincidentally I have the same bracket, bought from Maplins for not a lot. Solid, yes it is deeper than I thought, not a problem for my room though, fortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom