• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Boys Play Day or Meet-up Thread

Nik73

Distinguished Member
This seems to be something that regularly crops up, but we've never got past the suggestion stage. Thought I'd throw it out there and get the ball rolling. How about we all start off with saying where we are? I'll update this post with a list, maybe a map and then we can look at a location that's doable for everyone. If we get that far then maybe a venue?

Nik - Cumbria
Andrew - Southend, Essex
Goooner - Milton Keynes, Bucks
Christian - Leeds/Bradford, West Yorks
Jon - Brussels, Belgium (thought I would have to travel a bit!) ;)
Bri - Northumberland
Bilbo - Kidderminster, Worcs
Kelltic - Belfast, NI
Larry - Oxfordshire
Tone - Hull or Manchester
Ed - SE London/Kent
Deletion - North Hertfordshire

Last edited:

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
Paphos, Cyprus
ImageUploadedByAVForums1400930854.031112.jpg

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
Only till Thursday!
Southend, Essex

Good idea Nik to actually get this rolling. Can't wait to see your Custom Strat in the flesh.

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
West Yorkshire - Leeds/Bradford

A place with practice rooms would maybe be a good venue, some places have a licensed bar/chill out area on the premises as they do gigs.

The place I did my exam yesterday was like that and it had a really relaxed feel to it, we could then book out a room or two and make as much noise as we want. It amazes me how cheap these places are, think it was something like 30 quid to book out a room for a full day.

GloopyJon

Distinguished Member
Brussels, so it'd be a bit of a trek! I'd come if I can plan it with a trip over but no UK trips are foreseen at the moment.

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
Barbara says are her and Bex excluded? seeing title, LOL

Nik73

Distinguished Member
West Yorkshire - Leeds/Bradford

A place with practice rooms would maybe be a good venue, some places have a licensed bar/chill out area on the premises as they do gigs.

The place I did my exam yesterday was like that and it had a really relaxed feel to it, we could then book out a room or two and make as much noise as we want. It amazes me how cheap these places are, think it was something like 30 quid to book out a room for a full day.

Somewhere like that sounds ideal Christian. Be great to get some of my amps above 3!!

Barbara says are her and Bex excluded? seeing title, LOL

Hahaha not for me Andrew. The more the merrier!

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
Remind me to bring ear plugs. :)

Hmm Barbara can play drums and if a couple of people can sing, we could do the first kebab rehersal. :D

BigTone

Prominent Member
Hull/Manchester M62 commute :)

Nik73

Distinguished Member
If my geography is right, it looks like me and Bri are the furthest north and Andrew and Larry are the furthest south. Kelltic west and Jon east (by quite a way). Maybe with enough notice we could fit it in with a time you were both in England? We real are scattered to the four corners!
Somewhere like Nottingham seems to be a mid-point in the UK, but I was thinking it would be better if we could be on someone's patch. A bit if local knowledge goes a long way. Thoughts?

Obviously cost is going to be an issue for most, if not all, so what are everyone's thoughts?
Also, what about an overnighter so a few beers can be had after rocking' out all day? ;) Though a night in a hotel would obviously add to the cost.

What does everyone think?

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
Overnighter sounds good for me, chance to get away from the nippers :)

Northampton seems to be pretty cheap for accomodation and it's near Gooner who is the most central. No idea about Milton Keynes other than it attacts witches or something due to ley lines. :)

BigTone

Prominent Member
You will find hotels like premier inn or Hilton out in the sticks to be pretty cheap, and usually have rooms you can hire. Or find a rehearsal room. Happy to have an overnighter :)

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Overnighter sounds good for me, chance to get away from the nippers :)

Northampton seems to be pretty cheap for accomodation and it's near Gooner who is the most central. No idea about Milton Keynes other than it attacts witches or something due to ley lines. :)

Yeah, Northampton would be ideal for me :D

No idea about witches to be honest, all I thought MK was famous for was concrete cows. Oh, and Marshall of course :)

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
Deco an overnighter for those travelling, which will be most wherever it is!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom