Boy in well

I’ve been following this and was so happy when I heard they got him out only to hear the terrible news minutes later. I can’t begin to imagine what the poor father is going through and how shattered the rescuers must be.

So terrible, poor kid and poor family. I know money really doesn't fix this but does anyone know if there is any way we can send his family anything? :(

Back in the 1960s there was a Gerry Anderson puppet show featuring an organisation called International Rescue. It's a pity there isn't a real-life suitably equipped service that could get anywhere in the world swiftly - not to undermine the immense operation that took place but was reliant on the machinery and skills already in the vicinity.

Back in the 1960s there was a Gerry Anderson puppet show featuring an organisation called International Rescue. It's a pity there isn't a real-life suitably equipped service that could get anywhere in the world swiftly - not to undermine the immense operation that took place but was reliant on the machinery and skills already in the vicinity.

I'm afraid in the real world, political rivalry would never allow such a thing.

Those 118 sailors who perished on the Kursk could allegedly have been saved by the US Navy, but the Russian Navy were too proud to ask for assistance.

But let's not get sidetracked from mourning the loss of this little boy, whose parents must be going through hell.

RIP little lad.

Without being an expert in the rescue situation I would think the people working on the rescue attempt would have been suitably skilled and had knowledge of local conditions. I do know that it's not as easy as just start digging.

I do know that it's not as easy as just start digging.
Agreed. I did say 'suitably equipped', as in, able to fly in with a boring/shoring machine - at short notice and with the skills/data to make effective use of it.
I mean, all those rescuers and five days work with the outcome, yet a politically-independant (Switzerland, Greenpeace, such do exist) rescue organisation might have been successful.

Now if only those super-rich organisations (Tesla, Microsoft, Amazon, Virgin, Mega) could club together instead of building vanity projects, yachts, aircraft, spacecraft (OK, as well as!)...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom