Boxing Day Blu-ray releases - who ships extra early?

kwebbotaurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Which online suppliers ship Boxing Day releases for delivery before Christmas Day? I remember using Zavvi & DVD.co.uk a couple years back & they did, do HMV?

HMV generally ship early if they have the stuff in stock. For me, BDs tend to ship out on Wednesday but sometimes it's Thursday or later if the supplier is late delivering stock. I'm hoping to get my Final Destination 5 steelbook from them before Christmas as stuff sent by them sometimes comes on Friday or, if not, Saturday. The 26th and 27th are bank holidays anyway so there won't be any post on those days.

I've got FD5 on preorder with Play at the moment, but the way they're performing of late I doubt I'll see that before Christmas. Thinking of cancelling and trying someone else.

HMV generally ship early if they have the stuff in stock. For me, BDs tend to ship out on Wednesday but sometimes it's Thursday or later if the supplier is late delivering stock. I'm hoping to get my Final Destination 5 steelbook from them before Christmas as stuff sent by them sometimes comes on Friday or, if not, Saturday. The 26th and 27th are bank holidays anyway so there won't be any post on those days.

I doubt it very much they we'll get them before Christmas. The fact that HMV seem to be dispatching on Thursdays, plus the extra volume of mail and the fact that parcels delivered by Royal Mail need to be posted by the 20th to guarantee Christmas delivery. We can always hope though :D

I doubt it very much they we'll get them before Christmas. The fact that HMV seem to be dispatching on Thursdays, plus the extra volume of mail and the fact that parcels delivered by Royal Mail need to be posted by the 20th to guarantee Christmas delivery. We can always hope though :D

I pre-ordered the Piranha remake last year & Zavvi dispatched on 18th, I'm pretty sure that turned up before Christmas Day; so I assume HMV will do the same, but I've never pre-ordered a blu-ray/DVD that was due for release Boxing Day through them.

I'm pretty sure that I also got Piranha on BD before Christmas last year as well as I believe I watched it on Boxing Day! I hope to be able to watch Final Destination 5 on 26th as it is clearly the kind of cheerful, festive movie one would watch on Boxing Day! :D

Went in to my local Blockbuster's today who told me that they would be open Boxing day - which means being able to rent Cowboys and Aliens and Final Destination 5 3D :smashin:
saarnold

I think its wishful thinking for us getting anything before Xmas. Post is erratic and like stated above it would have to ship before 20th and first class to get through our letterbox.

I think its wishful thinking for us getting anything before Xmas. Post is erratic and like stated above it would have to ship before 20th and first class to get through our letterbox.

Yes, but as I mentioned Zavvi shipped Piranha on the 18th last year, so more than likely Boxing Day releases will ship as early as that again this year.

Had a dispatch email from Play earlier for FD5, so hopefully it may arrive for the weekend, although their deliveries have been a bit hit and miss lateley. Not sure if that's down to Play or RM.

Had a dispatch email from Play earlier for FD5, so hopefully it may arrive for the weekend, although their deliveries have been a bit hit and miss lateley. Not sure if that's down to Play or RM.

Both. Play.com use 2nd class postage now but offer 1st class as an option. However, when I used it the stuff still took three days to arrive so I don't tend to use them these days. HMV, despite being based in the channel islands as well, are quicker but I believe that's because they send stuff first class (plus it's free p&p anyway).

Final Destination 5 & Kill List processing for dispatch at Amazon (via IndigoStarfish)

Hi all,
just found out that some Blockbusters will have Cowboys and Aliens, and Final Destination 5 in on Christmas eve :smashin:

saarnold

My copy of final destination 3d was dispatched from amazon today:smashin:

Both my steelies have shipped at 9am this morning from HMV

Cowboys & Aliens + Final Destination 5 :thumbsup:

Elite Squad 2 shipped today for me, from HMV.

My devils double dispatched this morning from HMV

featherhall said:
My devils double dispatched this morning from HMV

Likewise!

As well as Cowboys vs Aliens

Too my shock I received a dispatch email yesterday for Apollo 18 from Amazon, them shipping early is almost unheard of lol

Cowboys and Aliens, Final Destination 5, Kill List, Fades Series 1, Devils Double and Christmas at Downton Abbey - all titles due out 26th December allegedly shipped from HMV yesterday morning.

EDITED TO ADD: And just had email from HMV to say supplier has informed them that "The Skin I Live In" has been delayed and won't likely be supplied to them until next week.

Last edited:
All titles (except "The Skin I Live in" which has had its release delayed) delivered this morning :)

My Elite Squad from Zavvi (Only £9.99) and Devils Double Steel from HMV arrived today. Elite Squad comes with a slip for those that way inclined.

Cowboys and Aliens, Final Destination 5, Kill List, Fades Series 1, Devils Double and Christmas at Downton Abbey - all titles due out 26th December allegedly shipped from HMV yesterday morning.

What's with the 'allegedly'? Is there something I'm missing? They're not likely to lie, are they?

My copy of Final Destination 5 (Steelbook) has also arrived. Hopefully the distributor will sort themselves out with The Skin I Live In. Quite looking forward to that.

EDITED TO ADD: And just had email from HMV to say supplier has informed them that "The Skin I Live In" has been delayed and won't likely be supplied to them until next week.

My Cowboys & Aliens SB has arrived today from HMV along with Devils Double SB :D

What's with the 'allegedly'? Is there something I'm missing? They're not likely to lie, are they?

There have been reports on here in the past of "shipping" notices when items haven't actually been despatched. Had one myself (Thor steelbook) where they said it had shipped, assuming they had stock, and then didn't and had to send out a notice saying it was delayed

But most of the time they are reliable and a shipping notice means it has shipped rather than is "marked in the warehouse to go out today on the assumption the stock levels indicated on my computer screen are correct", or that's how I assume things after my "Thor" experience.

Was just trying to cover my backside is all, in case I had a repeat situation of one I had before or someone jumped on me saying HMV send out shipping notices sometimes before they have physically shipped

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom