• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Boxee/WDTV or nettop+W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

nombrecinq

Standard Member
I was originally interested in getting a Dell Zino, which would allow me to play with XBMC, Boxee, VLC, OTA programming, etc, as well as have a BluRay drive. But from the reviews it sounds like its HDMI output is not really good enough for 1080p.

So then there would be the dedicated hardware machines like the WDTV Live and Boxee Box.

Is there anything in the nettop world that does have the HD ability of these dedicated machines, where I could use XBMC/Boxee at 1080p without any problems?

nacmacfeegle

Distinguished Member
Acer Revo 3610 or 3700, Zotac also do a line of barebones nettops, and there are probably others from the likes of Asus etc.
You need an external Blu Ray drive as most of the Nettops don't have one built in.

I'm using an Acer Revo 3610 with Win7 and XBMC, the setup was a breeze and it functions pretty well.

Probably get a better answer here though....
Home Entertainment PCs Forum at AVForums.com
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom