For Sale Boxee Box (D-Link) Media Player

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by hoppaz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    As per title my Boxee Box media player is for sale. It's fully working and will be in the original box with remote, power cable and unused HDMI cable. I bought this between Christmas and New Year at the end of 2011.

It is running the latest Boxee+Hacks firmware which allows more videos to be displayed in the wall, fanart and (to me) made the Boxee more responsive and faster at buffering and streaming HD.

I can leave the custom firmware installed or I can revert it back to the latest stock firmware. Either way both are very simple to do.

I will say this:

This media player with play 1080p but if you want HD audio there are times when you get audio drop outs which is down to the internal atom processor. Owners were promised a solution via firmware but none has been confirmed so far by Boxee to solve the issue. If you do the research you will see the varied experiences on the subject. Some it happens to less others more.

Other than that this is a super media player but no longer serves my purposes.

£70 collected.

I don't want to get involved with the shipping at this price so will ship if the buyer arranges shipping so again £70 boxed up, wrapped up with a delivery address and any shipping labels stuck on the package that the buyer sorts and sends to me to put on at their expense.

UK postage only at this moment in time.

I can accept BT or PPG

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. Mose Pijada

Mose Pijada
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  3. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I had one of these before I bought my Boxee Box so not interested in a trade.

Thanks for the interest.

4. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Bump

5. Mose Pijada

Mose Pijada
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I can offer £60 delivered to Slovenia.

6. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Thanks but by the time I factor in shipping and insurance the Boxee value is not going to be worth much so I will have to decline the offer.

7. flintinator

flintinator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    £65 delivered (uk postcode)?

8. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    £65 and you can organise the shipping? Happy to box and put any labels you send me.

9. flintinator

flintinator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I'll leave my offer as £65 delivered and you organise delivery. Im afraid im struggling for time to arrange deliveries etc. and £65 is my limit in terms of what I can offer.

Thanks for the quick reply.

10. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Thanks for the offer but I will leave it a bit longer as I would prefer buyer to arrange collection due to time constraints of my own.

11. flintinator

flintinator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Fair enough, it just doesn't seem practical posting various delivery information to you to then post back. But i do understand the being busy dilemma. I'll leave my offer on the table for 24 hours then I'll withdraw it. You could just wrap it up well and post it 1st class recorded delivery which would mean one visit to the post office.

I'll leave it with you, if not good luck with the sale.

12. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Sorry we arent on the same page. In my experience RM + insurance is generally more than a courier. 8 or 9 quid will give you a free collection and delivery service from a courier with tracking details. When booked you could simply forward the labels which I would print and stick them on and wait for collection. Going to the Post Office is a big diversion for me.

13. flintinator

flintinator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just to clarify for the sake of your sale, and to give you a free bump.

I will leave my offer on the table of £65 inc. Delivery arranged by you. I appreciate the reply and time restraints you have stated but this is the best offer I can do with my current situation.

I'll keep searching for a boxee, there are quite a few around. If I get another I will let you know and withdraw my offer so you know where you stand. If you change your mind and accept let me know. If not good luck with the sale.

Cheers

14. flintinator

flintinator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Offer withdrawn, managed to get one. Good luck with the sale.