box

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Paul Simbo, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paul Simbo

Paul Simbo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello all,before I bought the Bose soundbar I had a Samsung with one optic input which was fed by a Sony Blue ray player and my Sky Q box using a 2 input to 1 output splitter.If I wanted to watch a dvd I would knock sky off and it would work.I know that the Bose will work with only 1 input but I took that to mean either toslink or coaxial connected.
    I tried to watch a dvd tonight with Sky off and no sound came from the dvd so I am thinking of replacing the simple splitter with a switch type box.Any recommendations please ?
    There seems to be plenty of 2 to 4 inputs and one output but not many the other way around.
    Thanks.

2. youngsyp

youngsyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,541
    This isn't the right section for your question and changing the title to be more meaningful might help in getting responses.
    That aside, what you have now is a switch. It switches the inputs to a single output. What it sounds like you're after is a splitter (1 input to 2 outputs). Or a matrix (2 inputs to 2 outputs(both or either)). I can't understand what you're trying to achieve though.
    If the Bose has just one input and you have 2 sources (outputs), a switch, like you're using now, is what you need. Maybe just try a manual switch, like this.

Paul

3. Paul Simbo

Paul Simbo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for taking the time to reply sir,I apologize for posting in the wrong section and secondly I suffer with a neuropathy - pins and needles in my hands and I did type a longer heading but accidently deleted most of it.
    That item you suggest looks like the answer thank you.

4. youngsyp

youngsyp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,541
    No worries, these things happen. Just so you know, you can edit the titles of threads you create. Just click Edit then More Options...

I hope the little box works for you. :smashin:

Paul