Box went into standby while recording!!.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by fallwood, Jan 14, 2005.

1. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My sky+ box turned itself off today whilst it was recording, i was watching a pre-recorded program and sky started to record a scheduled program (from sky1), then about 30 secs later another scheduled recording started (on channel 4) and the box went into standby. I pressed the red button on the front but it wouldnt come back on, i had to wait about 45 secs before it would come back on and then i got the seaching for listings message. Is this a problem others have experienced or is it just a one off thing. I also read that failed recordings can be the result of leaving the box on one channel and then it tries to record 2 different channels at once, i have noticed the program clash banner pop up when 2 recordings have been scheduled at the same time but im not viewing either of the channels, doesnt the box just switch to one of the scheduled channels automaticaly if you dont press a button or do i have to do it manually.

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I've only had a few failed recordings & they seem to have occured when 'someone' continued messing with the box - looking for other channels etc, trying to set up additional recordings when recording (usualy 2 recordings.) My box has never turned itself off, but several times the recording light has turned on, on its own, or not illuminated whilst reording. This has no relation to if it's recorded/recording or not! (Although there have been occasions when recordings have been set without my knowledge). Weird!

3. sniffer

sniffer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fallwood

Ive had this happen to me twice. Once it goes into standby it'll not go back into operation for about a minute. This has only happened once whilst recording. I thought it may be something to do with a HDD upgrade. So I havent bothered conatcting sky. Sorry I cant offer any assistance, just pointing out thats its happened to me also.

Sniffer

4. vectrasri99

vectrasri99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SKY+ box takes about 45secs to turn on if the power has been removed. Noticed this when I installed it and when I had a power cut yest whilst recording. The box lost the recording before the cut but carried on after, fair enough.

M