• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Box switching to Standby

t1m103

Established Member
keep getting a new message on screen"your sky+ is about to go into standby,press backup to cancel" any one else getting this?,only been happening since this morning and new epg software update.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
As part of "Sky's committment to saving energy". The box turns off in the middle of the night presenting that screen, as according to Sky some people leave the boxes on 24/7. It can be turned off in the service menu and is called "Auto Standby".

Obviously a glitch in the new software means it is showing this in the morning instead of the middle of the night.

t1m103

Established Member
As part of "Sky's committment to saving energy". The box turns off in the middle of the night presenting that screen, as according to Sky some people leave the boxes on 24/7. It can be turned off in the service menu and is called "Auto Standby".

Obviously a glitch in the new software means it is showing this in the morning instead of the middle of the night.

4 times now,since this morning.ive turned off autostandby now to see if it stops.

N

nico35

keep getting a new message on screen"your sky+ is about to go into standby,press backup to cancel" any one else getting this?,only been happening since this morning and new epg software update.

Just had this now, in the middle of watching the Scottish Cup final and recording the play-off. Fortunately i pressed backup to cancel as requested but of course if i had been away from the box it would have been yet another inexplicable failed recording. :mad:

kevmarshall

Established Member
Just had this now, in the middle of watching the Scottish Cup final and recording the play-off. Fortunately i pressed backup to cancel as requested but of course if i had been away from the box it would have been yet another inexplicable failed recording. :mad:

It is a pain, I agree, but going into standby should not affect any recording.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom