Box Spanner required to remove OLD kitchen tap

snaithg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am having difficulty removing an old (approx. 25 year old) mixer tap from our kitchen sink. Does anyone (Plumber ?) know what size of box spanner I need to remove the central locking nut from the main tap mounting spigot?.

The only information I can supply currently is that the distance between two opposing "Flats" on the existing locking nut is approximately 27mm or 1 1/16".

Assuming that someone is able to assist me with the required size of the box spanner, a pointer to somewhere that stocks such an item would be fantastic !

Graham.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
ooh, that's nice, looks like it will take a socket set arm... :thumbsup:

I have both a Silver-line one and a Monument spanner, the latter is a lot better made.
In fact I was using the Silver-line one the other week on a set of stubborn taps, the spanner split, slipped and I smacked myself in the face. :D

I have both a Silver-line one and a Monument spanner, the latter is a lot better made.
In fact I was using the Silver-line one the other week on a set of stubborn taps, the spanner split, slipped and I smacked myself in the face. :D

Thanks for your comment. I had already switched from the Silverline one to the Monarch one to add a few pence to my order to qualify for free Amazon shipping. Your comment has now provided a better reason for changing:). I don't think I need the other bit in the Screwfix one!

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom