1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box Set Onsale at Game Today!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by pmccreight, Sep 17, 2004.

1. pmccreight

pmccreight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wont be buyin it myself (am waiting till the release of the of the enitre set sometime in 2006) but seen it for sale at Game in Forestside Shopping Centre, Belfast. Everywhere else including the HMV store right beside it says its not onsale till 20/9/04. Strange!!

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,908
    Trying to cash in early I guess, seems alot of stores that sell games do this, they wont sell games early but they dont seem to have a problem in sticking DVDs out early lol

3. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WOW!!! Thanks for the tip pmccreight! :thumbsup:

Didn't think there was anyone else from N.I. on here :) I've already ordered from play.com, but it hasn't shipped yet so chances are it won't get here by Monday...
    I'll try to get a set at GAME, and return my play.com set for a refund (whenever it turns up)

Cheers,
    J.B.

4. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    You probably ought to phone before you make a special trip. Just phoned my local Game and they aren't selling till Monday. :suicide:

5. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +392
    Why would you be entitled to a refund due to your own impatience?

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    Has anyone found a store selling the R2 yet? Our local Game will probably sell if they know another Game store selling..

7. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Yeah, pmccreight found that the Game in Forestside Shopping Centre in Belfast is selling it. I'm not sure that means other Games will necesarily follow suit. More likely Belfast will just be asked to stop heh. ;)

8. pmccreight

pmccreight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I was a little shocked myself they where selling it. As HMV right beside it, Game has all the official posters, cardboard cut-outs etc in store only difference being Game has taped a hand written notice over the release date saying ‘ON SALE NOW’
    A quick visit inside confirmed this. I was under the impression that all retailers had to uphold to official release date.

Game @ Forestside Belfast and Employee ‘Mr Magic Marker’ must have other ideas.
    :)

9. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm... maybe it's a 'Northern Ireland-only thang'?

I picked up my copy at GAME in Lisburn this morning... and it's PHENOMENAL!!

Didn't dare to ask them why they were selling it early, though... in case they rugby-tackled me as I left the shop and wrestled it off me! :laugh:

Raquel - I don't feel I'm entitled to a refund because of my own impatience... if I can return the sealed boxset to them for a refund or exchange it for different DVD's, then that would be great...
    If not, then it's no biggie - I'll stick it up on eBay with a 'Buy It Now' price somewhere between Play.com's price and the RRP (£45?) :smashin:

Cheers,
    J.B.

PS - Dunno what R1 NTSC looks like, but the PAL visuals are razor-sharp and packed with detail... definitely the best MPEG2 video I've seen yet :)

10. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked up mine from HMV at lunchtime today - can't wait to get home and try it! :smashin: