Box of the Banned

inzaman

Reaction score
I have just seen the thread in the DVD bargains forum to get this for £14.99, does anyone know if these dvds are the uncut versions?

Hi,

I had the "Banned..." set, but returned it, because so many of the discs were still cut.

However, having said that, the final disc with the two documentaries on it, is exceptionally good, and it may be worth your while buying the set just for this, and the uncut "Zombie Flesh Eaters" DVD, which also has some excellent extras on it.

But, the vast majority of other titles in the set, are still cut. Only "Zombie...", "Driller Killer" and "Evil Dead" are genuinely uncut. For £14-99 it may be worth paying for the set.

Pooch

dirty man
lol

Thanks guys, i might give it a miss then as it seems pointless calling it the box of the banned when the versions in the box are not the banned versions :rolleyes:

Inzaman,

inzaman said:
it seems pointless calling it the box of the banned when the versions in the box are not the banned versions :rolleyes:

Umm, it's called the "Box Of The Banned" because the films were all banned at one time or another, during the early 1980's in the UK! Just because the films aren't all uncut on this DVD set, doesn't mean that they weren't banned at one time or another! :lesson:

Pooch

Cut or not, I think that at £15 it is certainly worth it. The docus look good, and zombie flesh eaters is the best version you can get (better picture wise than the r1 version).

You could look at it as buying ZFE and getting a 2nd disc of docus (which if it was released is likely to cost the £15 this does), with 5 more films included free.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom