1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

+ box isnt responding! Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Frazal666, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sky+ box isnt responding. I tried turning it on, but it wouldnt, so i unplugged it and left it for about 10 mins, plugged it and it still wont work. watt should I do???

2. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? Please:lease:

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Are there any leds lit on the front?
    If there is what colour red or green?

4. Member 231429

Member 231429

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Mine did this a couple of weeks ago. The best thing to do is ring sky and they will talk you through the steps you need to do.

Mine was in standby and wouldn't switch on. Eventually we had to perform a software download to it which involves connecting the power cable at the back whilst holding down the back-up button until all the lights came on. I can't remember the exact steps so you are best ringing sky.

Unfortunately it wipes the contents of the hard drive.

5. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its red. Ive just called up sky, and told me about the software download. After is finished, the power button goes red, all the lights go and I still cant turn it on. it is just black. I unpugged it and plugged it after 30 secs, and left it for 30 secs before trying to turn it on, then theres just static! They are sending a engineer to try and solve the problem, and if he cant, there going to put a refurbished box:( as a replacement. oh well.

thanks for the tip

6. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    buy a second hand box yourself this is usually cheaper than getting Sky out

7. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still got warranty:clap: Thanks for the tip anyway, in case when my warrantys out and it does it again

8. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Frazal,

I had problems with my Sky+ box recently, similar to yours, and Sky talked me through procedures, which obviously wiped clean my planner. As my warranty had expired I bought online a new Sky+ Pace 3000 box for £160. (I have had the cheap refurbished boxes in the past, four in a few months from Sky and eventually they gave me a brand new Pace version 2 box). I had checked all Scart and RF leads but when I went to move the box to replace it with the new box the Sky screwed LNB connection just pulled out. All my problems were down to this connection which had worked loose. The box worked perfectly once these were screwed in properly. I gave the old box to my son to replace his Pace V.1 box and I am now using the new box.

Just check those connections before they come as the refurbished box may not be as good as the one you have. Good luck you get a good one if yours is kaput!

9. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean LNB? screws? I cant find anything labelled LNB.

oh, the wire in dish 2 is ripped out of the screw that holds it. I put it in with all the copper wires, but it still didnt work

10. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    You must make sure that the inner copper solid wire is through the centre of the plug and not touching the braid (outer copper strands) which make contact with the body of the plug tightly. :smashin:

11. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    See this page which shows how to fit an F plug. Don't worry about the grease for connections inside the house.

12. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no luck..... the guys coming tommorow, so i m8 as well wait anyway.

Thanks.

13. Member 231429

Member 231429

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    After finishing on the phone with them and completing the download the box stopped again. I did the full download again and it worked fine.