1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOX dimension for Samsung sp50 Please!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by syclonesjs, Jul 3, 2005.

1. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, new here but with all your help made my mind up, ready to go get the TV now :D

Right, im gonna get it from costco but they dont deliver. Please can someone post the dimensions of the box, and also the smaller box with the stand in so i can see if it will fit in the car.

Just been let down by my mate with his pickup truck so gotta look at plan B.

Cheers in advance

Si

2. brett0004

brett0004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SP50L3HX
    tv box = 1000 x 470 x 1300 @ 42kg
    stand box = 570 x 240 x 1300 @ 43kg
    make sure you are getting it cheap as it is a run out model, or wait till you can get the 6HX model but I dont know if it comes with the stand.

3. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many many thanks for the dimensions :thumbsup:

How do you mean a "run out model"?? (should i be wary? :confused: )

price all in is £1997 in vat inc stand its not a display model as they have a number in stock in boxes on the shelves.

I just phoned Costco to check model number SP-50L7HX and they have 5 in stock.

cheers

Si

4. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Don't worry - he means it's been superceeded in the states - but going on the speed at which the current range of DLP's have come over the pond, you could be waiting for another year! And anyway, even when it does come out, it won't be the price of the current model - the current model has fallen by £1500.00 in total, so you could be looking at a lot more money for the newer model.

I've also purchased the SP50 from Costco, had it about 3 months now, and its a fantastic TV. I had the Tosh 46WM48p prior to the Sammy, but returned it due to problems. When i purchased the Tosh, it had allready been superceeded in the states by about another 2 models!! And guess what? They still haven't arrived here yet and that was back in December!!!

There will allways be a better TV just around the corner, just like PC processors, but as i said - you could be waiting a long time for it to come accross the pond - my advice - buy the best TV you can afford and when you want it! :smashin:

5. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Also, the dimensions quoted above look like there for the L3? If you are talking about the L7, then the box will be a lot bigger as its the pedestal type and the stand doesn't come apart - the stand that people refer to is the side stand that fits onto the pedestal glass. You WONT get it in a car i can assure you - i haven't got the dimensions to hand but can tell you ITS MASSIVE!!!!! I hired a Merc Transit!!!

6. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    "im gonna get it from costco but they dont deliver."

I have not use dthe servoie but I believe Costco (at least the one I use) will arrange same day delivery for 30 quid (if you go in the first half of the day naturally..).
    I am sure that was posted on the board by someone who did use it.

7. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I wouldnt have thought you want to be laying it down in a car! why not hire a van...only about £35 for a day via SiXty or Hertz and the like...saves potentially puting anything out of line or braking stuff.

8. brett0004

brett0004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The dimensions are for the SP50L3H model as it says in my original post, you didnt say in your original post that it was a SP50L7H just "SP50". Here in Australia the L6H model has just been added to the the Samsung Australia web site, I have talked to retailers and they dont know when they are getting the "6" model in store. I bought a SP50L3H 2 weeks ago and am very pleased with it.

9. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup:

Well it was bit of wasted trip, Never used costco so went down there Joined up all ready to get the TV then was told they dont accept credit cards! :( :thumbsdow

We had the pickup truck so the box wasnt a prob (keeping it up right) but i left empty handed boo hoo.

So got to rethink now.

Question, does the AV glass shelves come as standard, as looking online at various places it doesn't seem to be included :confused: and costco throw them in with it as well as a 3yr warranty for under 2 grand

Can they be got seperatley and how much? (should be part of the package considering the size of the thing.

again thanks for helping out a noob

Si

10. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,682
    Why dont you just go to the bank and with draw the cash against your credit card,go back to costco a get it !!!!! :eek:
    This is a great telly and worth its weight in gold ! :hiya:

11. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,766
    .......but is it worth the premium the banks charge for drawing cash on a credit card.......
    This is the most expensive way to obtain money.

12. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,682
    Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....... If you have a platnum card you can withdraw cash at much lower rates than normal cards offer !!! But yes LV426 credit cards do charge, and they are well over the top ! but sometimes its the only way !! :eek:

13. syclonesjs

syclonesjs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm was going to be on my egg card, but yes its a higher rate of interest if just drawing out cash.

Well i'm looking at online places now, but they dont state if the small extra stand is included, and only 1 yr warrantys are offered unless you want to pay extra. shows just how good Costcos price is, extended warrantys are a rip off

Just feeling rather fed up after a longish journey down there and joining up for nothing.

I was looking at the Sagem, and am really stretching it going for the Sammy so not just being tight just being careful.

14. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,682
    Get in touch with John Lewis !! i got in touch with JL reading branch and they priced matched COSTCO price and delivered the set with free extra stand and the 5 year cover !!!! it's worth while giving them jaw ack like i did....tell them you are a valued customer that does not want to go else where for such a product !! lay it on real thick and keep your fingers crossed :D :D

15. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Costco will take a debit card.
    Or for a leap why not write a cheque and get it delivered when the cheque has cleared.