1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box crash during Sports Personality of the year

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by davewc, Dec 15, 2003.

1. davewc

davewc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone else suffer a box crash during "Sports Personality of the Year" on Sunday?
    Sky are still adamant that the BBC are transmitting data that causes boxes to crash.
    But I simply don't trust Sky any more.:confused:

2. Skid Solo

Skid Solo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine didtn crash, but it did not record the end of Sports Personality of the Year. I assuem that this is becuase it went on longer then scheduled. Luckily I was watching so not a probelsm (Recording for my wofe who was not able to watch). When I saw it had stopped recording managed to get last few minutes on tape !

Who should be updatig the EPG when programmes run over ?

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

The BBC are the only people who can alter their EPG data after all who better to know when an EPG entry is incorrect, SKY have no right to touch any of the BBC EPG data. If a BBC program starts early or finishes later than the EPG states then they are responsible.
    It is a good idea to always use the manual timer when recording LIVE programming since over running is not that unusual.

4. xyznicko

xyznicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yes I had a problem too which resulted in this recording failing, fortunately I was watching anyway.
    I was also dual recording Spanish football on sky sports at the time, this completed ok.

I also had a problem on saturday when recording two consecutive recordings from BBC2 ( Lesley Garrett, The Wooden horse) the first completed ok and the second started ok then 10 mins later Pop Idol should have started to record but didn't and I couldn't access this channel 103 by any means, all I got was "no sat signal" message and no matter what I did it wouldn't move from this message without pulling the plug.