1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box colours, may sound daft but....

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BT52, May 20, 2002.

1. BT52

BT52

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I AM SICK TO DEATH OF SILVER TVs!!!!

Who will be the first manufacturer to realise that if they give the option to choose the colour of the box they will make a fortune...

Am I the only one with a black video, a black amp, a black PS2, a black sky decoder and black speakers??

Mark

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Silver cabinets are a stupid fad, started by some Japanese brands. It is intended to exploit the illusion of greater size and contrast given by a bright cabinet, and the prejudice many people have against the TV as a furniture. Now that everyone is getting into HT many HT newbies want TV's to look cool instead of functional. Silver also hides dust better, which some lazy people like (not I though).

I too hate silver TV's, for several reasons. Firstly, it's enough of a hell as it is lowering radiosity in a living room for watching movies without turning gothwise. So TV's with reflective cabinets were the last thing we needed. Secondly, in a lit room it just clashes with the image and can be distracting. Thirdly, it usually makes the TV's look even more plastic. Notice that many silver TV's aren't even silver - they're tinted off-beige ever so slightly.

I like the idea Thomson revived with snap-on panels. This better be the next fad or I'll gut my TV and spraypaint the cabinet black myself.