Bowie 2015 Reissues

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by windhoek, Jul 14, 2015.

1. windhoek

windhoek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    The Bowie Five Years CD and Vinyl boxsets are coming soon, but for anyone who doesn't fancy buying buying a boxset, there's a way to buy some of the individual titles just now, or rather, pre-order some of them, due for release on 25th September - link.

Amazon are listing some of the CDs as Bowie Imports for £8.70 delivered by Amazon, so you can pick and choose between Space Oddity, The Man Who Sold The World, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane. It's worth noting that the description of Aladdin Sane mentions Vinyl, but that might be an error and if you order, it'll be a CD you receive.

Fwiw, I pre-ordered all of them except Ziggy Stardust, which is the same as the 2012 edition and although Aladdin Sane is apparently the same as the 2013 edition, I don't have it, but the word on the web suggests it's good and better than the 1999 edition.

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
  3. windhoek

windhoek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Aladdin Sane Vinyl appears in the title when you click on the Amazon link above, but goes on to say CD in the description. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a CD and Amazon have incorrectly used the word Vinyl in the title - it wouldn't be the first time Amazon have cocked up a listing!

4. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    Very true. Descriptions are often way off (a CD and DVD-V is not a 'DVD-A'), and as such I'd take it as read it's the CD only. Again, I might be wrong, but I don't trust Amazons listings enough to take the chance.

5. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    Has anyone heard both to back up or refute this assertion?

It's my desert island album, so if it can be improved in any way I'd take a punt.

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,438
    Anyone know what's different about these remasters? Has there been and comments about quality etc yet?

7. windhoek

windhoek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    I haven't heard anything about the new releases except that Space Oddity, The Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory and Pinups are new remasters; the others are from previous remasters.

Although Amazon's preorder price has dropped to £7.99, I'm not sure I'll buy them because although I'm a huge Bowie fan, I rarely play any of his albums. But whether that's because the 1999 remasters I have are duff or I've simply moved onto a new phase in my music preferences, I couldn't say.