For Sale Bowers & Wilkins XT4 speakers Gloss Black

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Arcam_boy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Hello.

Its that time of the week again when I look at changing my speakers :rolleyes:. Purchased these off the forum a month or two ago but have only used them for stereo and trying one or two film clips and so I've decided to solely stick with a 2 channel set up comprising of some small active speakers with my computer :facepalm:

These speakers have received a massive :thumbsup: from the wife and do look stunning. The enclosure is made from aluminum and they don't look out of place in any lounge. They also sound rather good! I'd certainly rate them better than the 6 series or CM series and in some respects a nicer sound than the PM1's due to a much better bass extension!

The XT4's are again in very good condition there are one or two very very small (2mm) marks on the edge near the grill which have been touched. You do have to look for them and be less than 1 foot away to even notice them. Due to the colour I can't even get a photo of the marks but want to be honest. Again boxed with all accessories. These weigh 28kg per speaker so no light weight. I'm looking for £700 for these plus £30 postage as they'll be sent as two separate boxes.

Collection and demo welcome.

B&W XT4 review from the experts at whathifi.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.
    Mark

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. pietrusboy

pietrusboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What would be the minimum price for the kit? Will you keep the XT2? I can arrange my own courier (UPS and insured) because I live in Portugal...
    Cheers!

3. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Hi,

I sold the xt2's a while back as it was going to be a nightmare running all the cables to the rear of the room.

I've not had the speakers long and will already be losing £100 if I sell these for my asking. I'm willing to knock a further £50 off to help towards your shipping costs if that helps?

Payment would need to be via BT.

Happy to get everything nicely packaged for shipping to Portugal. It would be three separate boxes as I'm sure you can imagine the XT4's are quite tall.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best regards
    Mark

4. pietrusboy

pietrusboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I could only go up to 850GBP for the kit... I imagine the shipping cost will be high for the 3 boxes... I will have to check it first...
    25kg for each XT4 and 12kg for the XTC, do you think it's an appropriate estimate?
    About the payment... any chance of paypal gift option because my bank charges around 35GBP for each non-euro currency transaction with is much more than the paypal rates...
    Best regards!

5. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Thanks for the reply.

Thats not enough mate. As I said with my asking price (£1000) I'm £100 down, I've knocked you another £50 off to help with shipping and if I go down to £850 I'd of lost £250 in a matter of a month or so and about 5 hours use.

Paypal gift would be fine and the packages weigh 28kg for each XT4 and 10kg for the XTC.

Thanks again for your interest.

All the best
    Mark

6. pietrusboy

pietrusboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I understand... I thought you were loosing only 50GBP... paid 1400gbp for the lot - 350gbp (XT2) = 1050gbp. But I know you had fuel costs, etc... Anyway, that's not the point... The problem is that I don't live in the UK, so the speakers would be mine by tomorrow...;) I'm sorry but I can't go up due to the shipping costs... I wish you all the luck with the sale. These are stunning speakers.

7. pietrusboy

pietrusboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Tks Mark, I will get an accurate shipping cost when I arrive home later today and I will give some thought... I have to say I wasn't thinking on upgrading my setup so soon... Upgraditis is really a disease...
    Do you know for a chance the dimensions of the XT4 box?

Cheers

8. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    By all means have a think about it mate they are stunning speakers both visually and sonically and I'm a fool to be getting rid of them so soon really but I should of gone with some active speakers originally like I planned to but the wife loved the look of these so I decided to dip my toe in the home cinema 'pool'

XT4 box dimensions are : 1250mm tall, 250mm wide and 300mm deep and weigh 28kg when boxed.

If you can let me know either way mate that'd be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Mark

9. pietrusboy

pietrusboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi again Mark,
    I've checked the shipping cost with insurance and asked wife's final opinion (of course...:lesson:)...
    She does love the speakers's design (obviously) but she went mad when I told her the price...:rolleyes:
    I hope you understand... these are really amazing speakers but it's a bit more that I can afford right now, especially when I upgraded my setup some months ago...
    If I can sell my 600 series (for a miracle) during the next days, maybe I can turn back... but I believe you will sell these soon...
    Thanks again for your time and your effort on lowering the price...

10. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    No worries at all mate, not worth being in the bad books with the wife over it!

11. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi mark, interested in these speakers but have an offer out at the moment on ebay for some B&O Beolab 8000s.......sort of thinking ive made a colossal error and that these would be a far better bet...perhaps you can confirm my suspicions!! With any luck I wont win the ones on ebay and will be able to make you an offer.

12. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Hello mate.

Many thanks for the interest.

I would love to be able to tell you mine are much better than the B&O's but I've never listened to a set of beolab 8000's so can't really say for sure I'm afraid and wouldn't want to lead you up the garden path.

I can tell you the XT series is very good indeed, probably in part due to the solid aluminum cabinet design.

Having owned and demoed numerous B&W speakers I can safely say these are in a different league to the 6 series and CM series. I would say the PM1's have a better top end and similar mid range although for overall listening pleasure the XT's win due to having a much greater bass response and a full rich sound.

If I was a betting man I would say for pure sound quality these would show the B&O's a clean set of heels although the 8000's do look very nice as well.

Apologies I can't give you a definite answer but you're welcome to a demo before committing and I'm 99.9% sure you'd be more than happy with them.

Best regards
    Mark

13. misae

misae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Interested in the XT4's and can collect .. Can you PM your postcode pal? Need to figure out logistics.. And a price? ;-)

14. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Hello,

Thanks for the interest. Post code sent hopefully not too far away!

Happy to take a small deposit to hold until you can arrange things your end if that helps.

Cheers
    Mark

15. misae

misae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    About 40 to 50 miles away but through a concrete jungle to get there.
    Hmm..

What is the absolute best you can do collected mate? I know you have someone else interested too..

16. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Oh dear I'm only 5 minutes off the M6 so not too bad this end.

I'd be willing to meet up to save you coming so far up if it made it easier?

As I've explained above I haven't owned the speakers long and can't really afford to take a big hit with these as I don't really need the funds for anything at the moment and only moving on as I'm an idiot who can't make his mind up :facepalm:

If you're just wanting the xt4's I'm prepared to let them go for £650 cash collected. Amazing speakers and you'll struggle to find anything that sounds as good and looks as good. I honestly can't and won't come down any further on these I'm afraid.

Cheers
    Mark

17. misae

misae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I'm not going to say yes.
    But I would love to audition them.. I had 604's and have heard the CM series. If these speakers are really to my liking I would acquire them.

What equipment are they powered through?

18. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    No worries that's fine.

I'm powering them from an Arcam AVR360 so nothing fancy at all.

I'm at work all weekend but free on Monday if thats any good to you or Thurs/Fri next week?

Are you happy with £650 collected if you do like them before coming for the demo so we don't waste either of our times? It would also have to be cash on collection or a bank transfer whilst here for them as well.

If you are drop me a PM with a day you'd like to pop over and we can get something sorted out. I will leave the thread running for now until a firm offer is received.

Many thanks

19. misae

misae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I'm not free until at least next Friday

If I like them and they sound better than the CM series yes I would want to buy them at your new asking price. That's a big IF mind you.

However this is a conditional offer and if anyone else jumps in please do snap their hand off so to speak.

20. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    That's fine mate, drop me a PM to sort out a time and we can go from there! Always worth having a demo :)

21. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Anyone fancy treating themselves to some nice speakers for the bank holiday weekend? :)

22. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Offer of £600 delivered here.....;)

23. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    Thanks for the kind offer mate. Unfortunately £650 is the lowest I can go collected. A courier will cost £20 per box as each box is 28kg unfortunately :-(

I've removed the XTC from here as I've listed it elsewhere.

Thanks
    Mark

24. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats a bit to rich for me. Could stretch to £650 delivered but thats all I can do.

25. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    If you can just throw another £20 in to the deal to help me with shipping we have a deal!

I'm sure you'll be very happy with them :thumbsup:

26. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im afraid that will be the straw that breaks the camels back. £650 final offer!

27. p.burton

p.burton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ...Hi again. Will have to declare myself out of the race for these for now. Best of luck with the sale.

28. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,334
    No worries mate, was just about to accept your offer as postage is coming out slightly cheaper than I thought but appreciate the interest.

Thanks
    Mark