Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2 Wireless Headphone Review & Comments

Cameron583

Are you able to listen to these via USB Type C plugged into an iPhone/iPad?

doifeellucky

Standard Member
Scores for hardware are pretty meaningless on this forum. For Ed having scanned back over a few years probably 80% gets a nine, 5% a 10 and 15% an 8. Nothing lower than an 8. Sadly this is probably to ensure the products keep coming in for review. The actual insight is good though.

Last edited:

Danial

Scores for hardware are pretty meaningless on this forum. For Ed having scanned back over a few years probably 80% gets a nine, 5% a 10 and 15% an 8. Nothing lower than an 8. Sadly this is probably to ensure the products keep coming in for review. The actual insight is good though.
I agree - the numbers themselves aren’t very helpful, but the review, especially comparing to the previous generation which are currently my daily drivers is exactly what I was after.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Nothing to do with keeping products coming in, more that we have decided not to waste valuable review time looking at poor products. We make sure that the products we do look at are of interest to the readership and that they promise a decent performance. We also encourage members to read the review text as you get far more detail about the actual performance than looking at some scores.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Nothing to do with keeping products coming in, more that we have decided not to waste valuable review time looking at poor products. We make sure that the products we do look at are of interest to the readership and that they promise a decent performance. We also encourage members to read the review text as you get far more detail about the actual performance than looking at some scores.

That's exactly what I was thinking. You never see any rubish stuff reviewed on these forums in my opinion.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
There’s always Ed’s latest review if that helps.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
You never see any rubish stuff reviewed on these forums in my opinion.
Why would we waste our time, and yours, reviewing items that are rubbish? We look at products that the members are interested in and that should hit a certain level of performance as a result. There are the occasional products that fall below what was expected, but generally, we are looking at items that usually do what they promise when tested fully. Again, reading the actual review text will give you all the details and opinions, rather than just looking at some Pros and Cons and the score.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Why would we waste our time, and yours, reviewing items that are rubbish? We look at products that the members are interested in and that should hit a certain level of performance as a result. There are the occasional products that fall below what was expected, but generally, we are looking at items that usually do what they promise when tested fully. Again, reading the actual review text will give you all the details and opinions, rather than just looking at some Pros and Cons and the score.

Once again, I’m in total agreement :)

berkeley384

You must be able to kind of see where people are coming from Phil, there are noise cancelling headphones out there that are not at the standard of PX7 / Bose 700 / Airpods MAX / Sony XM5 etc ..

Why not show people some cheaper alternatives and review them based on what they are, and what they cost.

There are lots of people who come on here, who start on the cheaper end, and work up, where are the reviews for those people?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
You must be able to kind of see where people are coming from Phil, there are noise cancelling headphones out there that are not at the standard of PX7 / Bose 700 / Airpods MAX / Sony XM5 etc ..

Why not show people some cheaper alternatives and review them based on what they are, and what they cost.

There are lots of people who come on here, who start on the cheaper end, and work up, where are the reviews for those people?

They’d probably be better served starting a discussion thread on the forums about those items. There are many sources on youtube for cheaper end reviews also.

Because Ed is just one person, he only has so much time to review stuff and on enthusiast sites such as AVForums I think most people want to see the better class of products reviewed.

That’s just my opinion of course :)

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member

It’s going back a bit, but there are reviews of Phillips and and Lindy which are cheaper.

I get where your coming from, but as said, Ed is one guy and there are 100’s of others out there reviewing stuff inc people who only review headphones and have a vast knowledge to compare one set of cans to another.

I’d love AVF to be a one stop review sight, but there is simply too much out there for that to happen, with the probable exception of TV’s

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Perhaps he took my feedback on board. That’s his lowest score ever and one of only four to score under an eight going back to 2015.
One day after this review? Hardly.

Chester

Thanks @Ed Selley, that made for interesting reading. This would have made a compelling upgrade for me, but there is a small spanner in that plan in the shape of PX8. Still, is the step up going to be worth it? I'll be patient...

Mr X

Distinguished Member
Thanks @Ed Selley, that made for interesting reading. This would have made a compelling upgrade for me, but there is a small spanner in that plan in the shape of PX8. Still, is the step up going to be worth it? I'll be patient...

So is the PX8 supposed to be the successor to the P9 Signature?

Doctor Smith

Are these any good for movies and Gaming? If not any alternative recommendations?

ntemples

So are these superior sound quality wise than the XM5? Still can't find any comparison

ntemples

OK well I need to try them myself so have ordered them willl be here tomorrow, will let you all know my opinion when they arrive. I have the XM5's and just had airpods max for a year.

ntemples

OK well here's my 5 pennies worth, they are a better sound than the XM5's, but not as comfotrable on the head, ANC not quiet as good, battery all good though, I need more time to make my mind up, I am a musician for my job so the sound quality almost trumps everything!!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton