Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 S2 True Wireless Earphone Review & Discussion

Great review, thanks Ed.

Have you had the chance to compare these to the Apple AirPods Pro 2? I'm a big B&W fan, but I've been astounded by how good the APP2 are, both in terms of sound quality and noise cancellation.

I bought the APP1 a few years ago more just as a convenient pair to use in the iOS ecosystem than anything else. They exceeded expectations, but I still found myself going back to other pairs. With the APP2, the improvement is so significant that I use them almost exclusively, which is something I never thought I'd do with a pair of Apple earphones.

Your experience in Lidl bought back memories of using wireless headphones and getting cut outs, both in that type of situation and in really busy areas (I always used to turn the music off when exiting the train at Waterloo Station in rush hour because they just stopped working properly every time).

I don't seem to get that any more, so it seems strange that it happens on the Pi7s. I've not made the trip to Newport Pagnell Lidl though, so that might be the difference!

This is a very weird review, you don't mention how they sound other than being similar to the originals, am I expected to read that review for their sound quality? Plus no comparisons to other true wireless earphones is a shame.

This is a very weird review, you don't mention how they sound other than being similar to the originals, am I expected to read that review for their sound quality? Plus no comparisons to other true wireless earphones is a shame.

Sure, why not? Or are you expecting the review to now be rewritten just because even though you seemingly have plenty of time to express your displeasure in writing you simply don't have the time look at a second article?

Sure, why not? Or are you expecting the review to now be rewritten just because even though you seemingly have plenty of time to express your displeasure in writing you simply don't have the time look at a second article?
Yes, he said they were similar, but not the same, surely those slight differences are worth mentioning if they aren't just functional differences. It just comes across as one of those reviews from tech youtubers that talk about the features as opposed to sound. It is a new product after all.

Great review, thanks Ed.

Have you had the chance to compare these to the Apple AirPods Pro 2? I'm a big B&W fan, but I've been astounded by how good the APP2 are, both in terms of sound quality and noise cancellation.

I bought the APP1 a few years ago more just as a convenient pair to use in the iOS ecosystem than anything else. They exceeded expectations, but I still found myself going back to other pairs. With the APP2, the improvement is so significant that I use them almost exclusively, which is something I never thought I'd do with a pair of Apple earphones.

Your experience in Lidl bought back memories of using wireless headphones and getting cut outs, both in that type of situation and in really busy areas (I always used to turn the music off when exiting the train at Waterloo Station in rush hour because they just stopped working properly every time).

I don't seem to get that any more, so it seems strange that it happens on the Pi7s. I've not made the trip to Newport Pagnell Lidl though, so that might be the difference!
Replying to this as am also definitely am very impressed with AirPods Pro 2. And also on the grounds of bringing this thread back on track. Can we stop the arguing please, everybody?
I’m a fan of B&W, and had a couple of pairs of the various PX over-ears over the last few years.
I guess, with earbuds, I’d like to see if the extra cash for the B&Ws over the already decent AirPods Pro 2 is worth it?

Yes, he said they were similar, but not the same, surely those slight differences are worth mentioning if they aren't just functional differences. It just comes across as one of those reviews from tech youtubers that talk about the features as opposed to sound. It is a new product after all.

It clearly is not a new product though is it. It is a revision of an existing product, as stated in the review, which has the same excellent sound quality that marked the original out, as stated in the review. Reviews of any consumer items often only concentrate on the updates, as opppose to recovering old ground, as it is assumed that the consumers in question are quite capable of obtaining the previous information themselves, as oppose to having to be spoonfed it.

Rather handily though here too the reviewer has provided not just a link to the previous iteration, so that the audio quality can be referenced if so desired, but also multiple links to other headphones that they have had the opportunity to spend time with so quite literally everything that you have bemoaned as lacking in your original post had already been conveniently laid out in front of you.

Last edited:
Hello Ed,
off topic, I know but important for me to know.
In an older post, you wrote that the A&K SE200 won't allow offline storage for Tidal.
Is this still the case? Are there other A&K DAP's allowing offline storage for Tidal?
Many thanks in advance for your helpful answer.

Hello Ed,
off topic, I know but important for me to know.
In an older post, you wrote that the A&K SE200 won't allow offline storage for Tidal.
Is this still the case? Are there other A&K DAP's allowing offline storage for Tidal?
Many thanks in advance for your helpful answer.
The Kann Alpha does. I think it was a problem with earlier versions of the Tidal download which now seems to be fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom