Bowers & Wilkins Formation Wedge Review & Comments

I see what you mean about it not photographing well. I'm sure, in person it's a very aesthetic looking thing. Sometimes camera's don't quite do justice to the things your reviewing.

That, or you've not treated yourself to a nice second hand DSLR Camera and F/1.2 lense.

That, or you've not treated yourself to a nice second hand DSLR Camera and F/1.2 lense

The camera is fine and given the way it's lit, the min f/stop is irrelevant. The photos are generally taken with it between 12 and 16 on a longer exposure with no flash, otherwise the depth of field drops to the point where the whole unit isn't in focus and you get more hotspotting.

ahhh... another Mesh network to contend with :)

£900 for what is (out of the box), a single point Bluetooth speaker.

As you said on the podcast, this really is a selfridges product, an objet d’art that offers simple access to good quality sound.

The soundbar is probably more interesting as it could really tempt the down-sizers who still want to keep some flexibility for better music sources.

Not even an optical input? £900.

I’d expect B&W to come to regret that lack of inputs.

Sounds like a upper management con decision.

Another useless lifeless expensive lifestyle product that the vast majority doesn't want. This and other similar soundbars will sell in 100s and make a huge splash amongst consumers

£900 for what is (out of the box), a single point Bluetooth speaker.

As you said on the podcast, this really is a selfridges product, an objet d’art that offers simple access to good quality sound.

The soundbar is probably more interesting as it could really tempt the down-sizers who still want to keep some flexibility for better music sources.

Has Airplay too, albeit not Chromecast.

The B&O range of similar products is better specced, including Bluetooth, Airplay 2, Chromecast and B&O's own multi-room streaming protocol (Network Link). For those unfamiliar, Network Link allows you to tap (or use app) a speaker in, say, your kitchen, and it will pick up the audio from other products playing in your house, including your TV. The Formation platform does something similar, from what I understood from the launch.

Great review and it looks excellent. I've got a corner it would look brilliant in.

How does it sonically compare to Dynaudio Music 5 / 7 ? If you have ever compared the two even remotely, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom