Bowers & Wilkins Formation Wedge Review & Comments

PaulDavidThomas

I see what you mean about it not photographing well. I'm sure, in person it's a very aesthetic looking thing. Sometimes camera's don't quite do justice to the things your reviewing.

That, or you've not treated yourself to a nice second hand DSLR Camera and F/1.2 lense.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
That, or you've not treated yourself to a nice second hand DSLR Camera and F/1.2 lense
The camera is fine and given the way it's lit, the min f/stop is irrelevant. The photos are generally taken with it between 12 and 16 on a longer exposure with no flash, otherwise the depth of field drops to the point where the whole unit isn't in focus and you get more hotspotting.

boabis

£900 for what is (out of the box), a single point Bluetooth speaker.

As you said on the podcast, this really is a selfridges product, an objet d’art that offers simple access to good quality sound.

The soundbar is probably more interesting as it could really tempt the down-sizers who still want to keep some flexibility for better music sources.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Not even an optical input? £900.

I’d expect B&W to come to regret that lack of inputs.

Sounds like a upper management con decision.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Another useless lifeless expensive lifestyle product that the vast majority doesn't want. This and other similar soundbars will sell in 100s and make a huge splash amongst consumers

Sandyb01

£900 for what is (out of the box), a single point Bluetooth speaker.

As you said on the podcast, this really is a selfridges product, an objet d’art that offers simple access to good quality sound.

The soundbar is probably more interesting as it could really tempt the down-sizers who still want to keep some flexibility for better music sources.
Has Airplay too, albeit not Chromecast.

The B&O range of similar products is better specced, including Bluetooth, Airplay 2, Chromecast and B&O's own multi-room streaming protocol (Network Link). For those unfamiliar, Network Link allows you to tap (or use app) a speaker in, say, your kitchen, and it will pick up the audio from other products playing in your house, including your TV. The Formation platform does something similar, from what I understood from the launch.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom