bowers&wilkins (b&w) picking centre speaker

shaby

Standard Member
Hi,
My front sp's is B&W 685 S2.
Their not made in uk but very nice sound for my 15 sqm room.

1 option is LCR6 S2 centre speaker that the middle tweeter needs to be replaced (about 60 usd, which is the same as the sp price too🤪)
I listened and it sounds good (other than the tweeter...)
Another option is: LCR3.

Can you please tell me:
1. What is the better match
2. Which model is more at the higher quality?

Thank you!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The "matching" center channel for your 685 S2 would be HTM 62 S2 or HTM 61 S2.

The models you mentioned are older ones. Best to save up for the newer one from same range and look for 2nd hand if price is issue!

shaby

Standard Member
The "matching" center channel for your 685 S2 would be HTM 62 S2 or HTM 61 S2.

The models you mentioned are older ones. Best to save up for the newer one from same range and look for 2nd hand if price is issue!
Hi,
It's like recommed someone Ford Mustang while he asked about Ford Escape 😃
I dont want to spend so much...
I guess the models you brought here are higher in terms of quality compare to my front sps of S605 s2.
What would be the best for lower budget?
I would say 200$ at most.
Thanks

Conrad.

Have you tried running a phantom center? That's free and will match your mains!
If your speakers are close enough and you sit broadly central then it can work well.

shaby

Standard Member
Have you tried running a phantom center? That's free and will match your mains!
If your speakers are close enough and you sit broadly central then it can work well.
Read about it and thats too complicated for me to understand...
I will stick with centre sp...midrange level.
What about the 2 models mentioned by me?
Must say that i'm a very modarat ht consumer.
Thank you very much.

Conrad.

All you do is tell your AVR that you don't have a centre. But ok, good luck.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi,
It's like recommed someone Ford Mustang while he asked about Ford Escape 😃
I dont want to spend so much...
I guess the models you brought here are higher in terms of quality compare to my front sps of S605 s2.
What would be the best for lower budget?
I would say 200$ at most.
Thanks

Hi,

If you have 685 S2 then the HTM62 S2 is the ideal partner with them, it`s from same range! Bit shame if you have only 200$ budget. Center channel generally is wrong place to save on, but up to you.

shaby

Standard Member
Hi,

If you have 685 S2 then the HTM62 S2 is the ideal partner with them, it`s from same range! Bit shame if you have only 200$ budget. Center channel generally is wrong place to save on, but up to you.

In case i'll chose to stick with the 2 options i mentioned, is there 1 that better than the other?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
685 S2 (i confused...)

It would be shame to compromise and buy some old cheap speaker as the center channel is one of the most active speaker in your system with movies.

But if you can´t spend more then LCR6 S2 or LCR60 S3.

I would still keep looking the HTM62 S2. Or the HTM62 (S1) which goes for 250£ roughly, maybe you can get it with 200$.

shaby

Standard Member
It would be shame to compromise and buy some old cheap speaker as the center channel is one of the most active speaker in your system with movies.

But if you can´t spend more then LCR6 S2 or LCR60 S3.

I would still keep looking the HTM62 S2. Or the HTM62 (S1) which goes for 250£ roughly, maybe you can get it with 200$.

I will look into this.
Thank you very much

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Please look other channels where people are selling used audio gear too! This is UK based forum so i don´t really know what sites people use there in US, assuming you live there..

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom