Bowers & Wilkins 685 Issues

Aziz Ismail

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue i have with my home cinema setup please.
I have an Onkyo TX-NR828 amplifier that is connected to a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 685's.
I am also using a Jamo 5.1 (A102HCS5) 5.1 speaker package. After connecting my home cinema up i have realised that after a few weeks that one of the Bowers & Wilkins speakers are making a clipping (not sure how else to explain the noise) noise when i change sources for example switching to the PS4 which is connected via HDMI from the Xbox One or vice versa. I have attached a video to this so you can hopefully see what i mean.

Any suggestions as to what you think is causing this? I have re-wired everything and made sure no wires are touching etc. I am using 2x2.5mm Twin Axial Van Damme cables for the front 685's.
The amp is currently set to 6ohms also not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Kind Regards,

Az

Attachments

• Click.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
Just realised ive attached a zip file? How can i just upload a video please? I can only find a way to upload images.
Cheers

If the video is on-line, just put a link in your post. If the video is on your computer, you might want to start a YouTube account (free) and post the video there.

Its just a small clip off my iphone that i took of the speaker making that noise. I haven't uploaded it anywhere else?

Try eliminating variables, one step at a time. Is the clipping sound coming from the right or the left speaker? What happens if you swap them over? Does the clipping sound still come from one side or from the other now? Do you have other speakers to try in the same amp? To see if it's the amp. Keep eliminating variables until you get to your source. And then speak with the manufacturer about fixing it.

Thank you for your reply. I have swopped the 685's over and it still makes the same sound. I've even removed the 685's and just connected the jamo 5.1 satellite speakers and it seems to do the same with them. I rung the guys at Superfi where i purchased the amplifier and speakers and they seem clueless. Do you think it could be due to the settings on the amp maybe?

Do you have a different amplifier to try with your current set up?

I would trial a different amplifier to make sure it is not the amplifier that is causing you the clipping sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom