Bowers and wilkins P3 or P5?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MAGiK, Dec 7, 2012.

1. MAGiK

MAGiK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hey guys,

Right I have recently been on a B&W madness spree and have now got a zeppelin air which I loved so much, I then recently bought the C5 headphones, now they are great headphones but they arnt comfortable after about an hour and a half to 2 hours, so I thought Id get some on ear headphones for long periods of use....

Im insistant on sticking with Bowers & Wilkins but I would like to know from both P3 and P5 owners what you think, as well as if you have both which you prefer.

I will be using them while on a computer and be using them on a train and for travel a lot.

thanks

2. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,440
    I have both. Prefer the P5 for comfort at home or long term listening and the P3's for commuting. Bit of a B&W fan myself and they are both great headphones :)

3. MAGiK

MAGiK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for the input, how hard would the P5s be to put in a bag that has room for a laptop and so on? and are the P3s a little uncomfortable after some time?

4. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,440
    It's not that the P3s are uncomfortable, it's just the Sheepskin leather used on the P5s are soooo comfy and soft. The 5s also transport well, the armband doesn't fold but they do minimise by sliding in and the the cans fold flat so you can keep the flat in the supplied case. The 3's of course do fold so would suit a tighter space if needed. If you can get to a local apple store they tend to have both out on display so you could gets hands on and have a play. :)

5. MAGiK

MAGiK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for all your help, sounds like ill be going with a lovely set of P5s then as they do sound very nice indeed :) and Im at an apple store soon so will have a play

6. utopia13w

utopia13w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    P5's all the way! They have been nothing but a joy since the day I first got them :)

7. Curly99

Curly99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Another vote for the P5's as mr X says they fold flat in there case and are very comfortable to ware for long periods, I use mine both out and about with my iPod classic and at home with my laptop and hifi, it's just a case of swapping over the supplied cables... one of my better purchases. :)

Curly

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012