1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bourne Supremacy Review

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by juniper, Dec 8, 2004.

1. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have not yet received my copy, but just noticed what one reviewer said over on AVSforum:

......"If I ever tried to imagine what a movie might look like filmed by a bunch of 5 year-old cameramen hyped up on a sugar buzz, this would be a good example. You could probably get more stable camera work from a geriatric victim of Parkinson's disease shooting with a $300 camcorder without image stabilisation while balancing one-legged on a basketball......" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My thanks to djbluemax1 for this post, which has had me literally roflmao, so thought I would share it - hope no-one else already has :blush:

2. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The "shakey" picture is deliberate as much was shot by hand. However, I have the R3 version and the quality is poor. It is very faded and any straight edges and lines are jagged. Presumably others with the R3 will have noticed this, but is it the same for other regions. Combined with the "shakes" it is awful to watch.

3. Supernatural

Supernatural

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've just watched it. Good film if you've watched the first, but very shaky as you say. I thought it was my projector.

Isn't Julia Stiles :smashin:

Paul

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Oh plums ive just ordered it from cd wow

5. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Was looking forward to this, oh well looks like i'll give it a miss then.

6. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i really liked the way the picture was shaky, it was only during the action sequences and obscured it slightly, leaving something to the imagination. I don't know why everyone seems to hate it! :p

7. teknosys

teknosys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is was a great film at the cinema - edge of the seat stuff!
    have not watched my R1 copy at home yet - due to refurb of house.

8. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,831
    You must think Saving Private Ryan is awful to watch then also? I don't care if it's deliberate, I actually like "shaky" camera work tbh :)

9. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic film and although i was unsure about the shaky cam in the cinema at home it totally changed my mind it made the film so intense kinda put you in bournes shoes and helps you get a sense of the dramatic action

10. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I had the same problem with my first ever R3 dvd purchase and it put me off getting anymore.

11. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Mixed feelings for me on this one - IMHO its a decent action thriller but I wasnt as impressed as I was with the first film when you didnt really know what was going on most of the time - I thought the filming style (mostly handheld as has already been said) was good from the point of making it seem like you were right there with Bourne but I felt it detracted from actually seeing what was going on especially when things got a bit hectic - That said there are some great performances from the support actors (if you can call them that as MD doesnt really act or say much he's just a "presence" albeit he drives the film) Maybe a second viewing will change my mind (?) Paul ;)

12. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have not seen the above film (not really a fan of the main character but that's another story) The main point I was making is the the picture quality was poor. The "shakey" cam is a matter of opinion but the two combined did not give me any viewing pleasure. I am waiting to see professional comparisons of the discs, should prove interesting. For what is it worth, the case is of lower quality than any other I have!

The whole presentation as a package is not good.