1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bouncey Remote

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by markxtc123, Oct 20, 2005.

1. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I need some advice guys. Up until now I have had little problem with my MCE set up. Now I have one. The remote control has gone all bounce. That is a single button press acts like two button presses. If is am going down the guide a single press on the down arrow result in two clicks and a drop of two places.

This is most annoying when I press OK to select a channel from the guide. It acts like I have pressed OK trice and takes me back to the channel I started on!!!

I went into the registry and found the debounce settings. FOr some reason I now appear to have settings for 5 remotes. The first one had the debounce flag set to 1 and the other 4 had the flag set to 0. I set the flag in all remote registry entries to 1 and rebooted. This hasn't sorted the problem out.

As far as I can tell this phenomenon only started this evening. Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

2. OneEleven

OneEleven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you been plugging it into other USB ports?

3. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The system has been moved around several times so I guess that could be it. Also After I installed rollup2 it went through the "I've found New hardware" routine and reinstalled the IR remote so that would account for another one.

I tried replacing the batteries in the remote and it is behaving itself at the moment, maybe that was the problem.

Mark