Bouncey Remote

markxtc123

I need some advice guys. Up until now I have had little problem with my MCE set up. Now I have one. The remote control has gone all bounce. That is a single button press acts like two button presses. If is am going down the guide a single press on the down arrow result in two clicks and a drop of two places.

This is most annoying when I press OK to select a channel from the guide. It acts like I have pressed OK trice and takes me back to the channel I started on!!!

I went into the registry and found the debounce settings. FOr some reason I now appear to have settings for 5 remotes. The first one had the debounce flag set to 1 and the other 4 had the flag set to 0. I set the flag in all remote registry entries to 1 and rebooted. This hasn't sorted the problem out.

As far as I can tell this phenomenon only started this evening. Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

markxtc123

The system has been moved around several times so I guess that could be it. Also After I installed rollup2 it went through the "I've found New hardware" routine and reinstalled the IR remote so that would account for another one.

I tried replacing the batteries in the remote and it is behaving itself at the moment, maybe that was the problem.

Mark

Trending threads

Top Bottom