Bought used 360. How can I delete previous user?

Anastie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Got a 360. I added credit to change his user tag to me. Then I added a wireless adapter. I can still see previous users details but cant delete him. If I try to go in it asks for his password and email
Any advice please?

I would of thought a better option would be to set up your own gold membership and gamertag for yourself. Otherwise you will need to find out the password for the previous users account.

Anastie said:
Got a 360. I added credit to change his user tag to me. Then I added a wireless adapter. I can still see previous users details but cant delete him. If I try to go in it asks for his password and email
Any advice please?

Best thing to do is go to the setup blade and delete the user from there.

just put the console back to the initial set up. the option in in the last page of the blades

aye, by changing his name to your one you are still using his account, which far as i know he can log on to on a different machine and possibly get access to your credit card details, i may be wrong here, not sure.....

best to completely delete the lot and start a brand new account....(altho before you do remove your c/c details if you can)

If the seller had any sense, they should have removed their Gamertag info from the console before they sent it to avoid confusing the new user. As others have said, just delete the old account from the hard drive and set up a completely new one using your own details.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom