Bought the Marantz SR-7300 receiver in Germany

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Izzet, Dec 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Izzet

Izzet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen in many posts that many of you are waiting for the Marantz SR-7300 to be released in UK.

I was in Germany the past 2 weeks and on Nov. 28th, I bought the SR-7300 direct from an authorized Marantz reseller.

He had just received stock that morning and I am pretty sure that I am one of the very first people, if not THE first, to have bought this receiver :cool:

Now that I have come back to Turkey and had the chance to try this receiver, I can say that it is perfect.

I currently have a stereo setup, so I haven't really tested its HT abilities, but I can say that in stereo it is very very very good.

You all know its HT capabilities anyway (like DPL2, CS2 and DTS ES) and the excellent stereo performance is certainly an added bonus.

Marantz is bundling a new learning remote, different than the one that came with SR-7200. It's black in color (although the receiver is in gold color), has a smaller LCD screen but has a joystick for navigation.
    I quite like this remote, setup was very easy and I can control every equipment I have with it.

I quite enjoy this receiver, for the price there really is no better.
    I will continue evaluating it further, but I'm pretty sure that my opinion will not change, it is perfect.

It is also quite big and weighs a lot, which I like. Quality inside out. It looks awesome and sounds awesome.

For anyone considering buying this receiver, you have my full recommendation on it. You won't be disappointed.

Best regards,
    Izzet

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been waiting for someone to review this product either in here or in the mags... Got my eye on one since I sold my Marantz SR4200 to a mate of mine. I'll pop into town later on to see if any mags have reviewed this yet or not since going back to stereo isn't fun when you've got a full 6.1 system >_<

3. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The SR7300 is the receiver I'm interested in, for both stereo and surround use. It has an adjustable crossover of 80, 100 or 120Hz is that correct?

If you feel like doing a more in depth review I would be very interested to read it.

4. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how much was this rare beast, and were from please

5. Izzet

Izzet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure I'll write a reivew, but it will take some time
    (maybe 1-2 days), I want to test a few things first.

The answer to your question is: Yes it does support adjustable X-over. 80, 100, and 120 are the options.

I'll have a review up in a few days.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You're right about the remote - very nice and does macro's as well. I just got an sr6300 which comes with the sr7300 RC :).

7. Izzet

Izzet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Review is up!!!