Bought Sony XD8305, question about HDR/Chroma

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Nandybear, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Nandybear

Nandybear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I tried searching but any information I found was over my head, and wasn't sure if it answered my question.

I bought a 43" XD8305 on NYE. I've just noticed that I can only enable RGB with Full dynamic range, or 4:4:4 with Limited dynamic range, if I'm at 30hz, while at 60hz I only have 4:2:0/Limited available to me.

My question is, am I losing out on anything with this ? I was assured when purchasing this over a Samsung Quantum Dot, that it supported HDR and 4:4:4 as a computer monitor (which, in my eyes, means 60hz)

I've noticed that when gaming at 4K/60hz (only game I can play at the mo is Civ 6, waiting on a GTX 1080Ti to come out before moving to full 4K gaming) the colours are really..off ? Everything is a bit too dark, and dark bits are practically black. It lacks..vibrancy. Is this due to the colour space or do I just need to fine tune the set ?

As a separate query, does anyone know why games constantly kick back to desktop if the game is running at a different resolution ? Is there a setting I'm missing ? ATM I'm having to change my desktop res to 1080p before launching games

Thanks