1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bought philips 9509 and Pioneer 424 surround system

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Deed, May 27, 2005.

1. Deed

Deed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally took the plunge and Philips 32" 9509 tv £649 and pioneer 424 home theatre system £195 arrived today from sound and vision.They are an awesome combination-wasnt sure what to expect after reading reviews on here.Watched test todaych 4-receive tv thru sony freeview box and was cracking.Watched shaun of dead dvd,music channels ,played cds-still experimenting with the settings on both sets of kit-there are so many.Only gripe-you need a better fm aerial than supplied with the pioneer but i think that is always the case.Typical -weather starting to get better and i will be glued to box.

Cant fault pixel plus two watching tv and movie mode for dvds-gotta go-my babys waiting to be cranked up :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Deed,

You certainly got a bargain on both counts. I hadn't realise you could get a Pioneer home theatre system for such little money. I'm pleased you're so delighted with your purchase; it makes a change from the tales of woe (genuine) encountered sometimes on this forum. I suppose most of us post when there is a problem or we need help.

I have a year old Philips PW9618 (no longer available) with only 1.5 Pixel Plus. I just love the picture and sound on this television and Pixel Plus 2 must be even better. Some people find the Pixel Plus not so good for sport, particularly through Sky and the ball does blur a bit but the picture is so brilliant.

Yes, the downside of a great television is missing the sunshine and not getting any exercise! Happy Viewing!