1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought my first PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dobermann121, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Dobermann121

Dobermann121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Ok I finally got my first projector a second hand Plus 800 DLP :D It's rigged up to the back of my Pc's VGA port and is displaying around about a 8ft image vertical on my white bed room wall(getting screen later)I noticed when watching it's worse when I move my eyes from side 2 side I get like a sort of "rainbow" of the projectors basic 3 coulours on the image it's only very brief though.Is this the so called Rainbow effect? also I notice that the image dims and then gets brighter every couple of minutes or so sometimes it happens every couple of seconds it's not very noticeable and you have to be watching for it.The bulb still has around 900 hours left? is this normal with DLP pj's?

Thanks guys

Dobermann(the Newbie man)

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    The rainbows are normal, but not the dimming. That sounds rather suspect to me (I have the Plus U3-1080)

Are you sure the lamp has 900 hours left? How many are on the clock? Do you trust the person you bought it from? (i.e they could have reset the lamp usage).

3. Dobermann121

Dobermann121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for the reply :) Well the bloke I bought it from said it was from his old workplace and was given to him in lieu of payment when the company went bust.he didnt know how to set it up and the lamp said 67 hours used when I got it?

What could the dimming be?

Dobermann

4. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    Unfortunately I have no idea as I've never come across this before....ne one else know?