1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought HS10 today. A couple of questions.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rooster, Feb 6, 2003.

1. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What is the latest and greatest gizmo to buy upto £100 that will upgrade my sky and X box picture for display on the projector. i have read about the Pro V , is this still the best on the market or should i be looking at something else?

Also what size of screws do i need to buy for attaching ceiling mount?

TIA

2. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rooster, where did you buy it and what did you pay?!

I'm about to buy and severely tempted by pricejapan...

Cheers

3. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    spiderv6 bought it from www.nexnix.co.uk

Total cost £2149 including dead pixel check and delivery. Pondered about importing from Japan myself but decided iafter reading good things about nexnix to go with them

4. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi rooster

the screws in to the base of the projector are M5, max depth i think is 8mm from what i remember.

for xbox, gamester make a hi definition bundle, Game i know sell this for £25 , and it includes svideo and component leads, as well as spdif in a breakout box. so you can plug the sony multi connector in to that, or plug the box directly in to the component feed of the pj.

for sky, then i run svideo , with the DDE mode in the pj set to progressive. you could use rgb->component conversion again but i have not heard how much better that is.

the DDE scaler/deinterlacer in the hs10 is really good, i would try using that before you make any decisions!
    cheers

5. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    webloader when you said "or plug the box directley into pj" do you mean xbox or breakout box. I have installed component , svideo and dvi cables up to projector .

6. WebLoader

WebLoader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i meant that you can use either of the 2 sets of component inputs on the pj. there is a set that you have wired up to (3 x phono type connections), and there is the set that is incorporated in to the sony multi connector - the 10 m cable included with the pj

the gamester box is basically a fat cable in to the xbox at one end, and then a set of sockets on the breakout box , so you can use either of your pj component connections to this.

7. Dr.Scanlan

Dr.Scanlan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guyz,

Had a look on pricejapan site, and HS10 works out about 1545 quid...anyone know if you have to pay import tax etc on items shipped from japan, coz a saving of about 700 quid is quite tempting...so long as it works when it arrives!!! :devil: